PDA

View Full Version : Lone Ranger cancelled??

Bjarne
03-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Over on the LR fanclub boards, Kevin talks about the Lone Ranger comic being cancelled.

Any truth to that?

I hope not!

Bjarne
03-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Uh-oh, no answer - maybe there is some truth to this rumor... :(

Simon Bowland
03-12-2008, 07:35 AM
I can't speak for Dynamite, but as far as I'm aware the book is definitely not cancelled. I think issue 13 is being worked on at the moment. It's one of our best selling titles so I can't see it being axed.

Ranger01
03-12-2008, 12:36 PM
We have seen only 10 issues in 17 months....if it does get cancelled, it's on Dynamite...absence does not make the heart grow fonder!

Ranger 01

Bjarne
03-12-2008, 01:06 PM
I can't speak for Dynamite, but as far as I'm aware the book is definitely not cancelled. I think issue 13 is being worked on at the moment. It's one of our best selling titles so I can't see it being axed.

Thanks for making that clear! :D

I guess this guy from the LR fanclub board is just getting off on spreading false rumors... :rolleyes:

Lone Ranger
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I think it was more speculation on his part. Of course, such a huge gap between issues doesn't do anything to quell those rumors. I am glad to hear that #13 is under way. At least now we have something to look foreward to next year. ;)

Brandon Primavera
03-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Just to clear this situation up so it doesn't cause any further confusion, The Lone Ranger license is active. In fact, The Lone Ranger and Tonto #1 hits stands today. Be sure to pick up a copy!

Lone Ranger
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Just to clear this situation up so it doesn't cause any further confusion, The Lone Ranger license is active. In fact, The Lone Ranger and Tonto #1 hits stands today. Be sure to pick up a copy!
Thanks Brandon, and welcome to the boards. I see you're an administrator. Are you in addition to or in place of Tommy?
I did get two copies of TLRAT today. I think what most of us want to know is why is there such a huge span of time between TLR 10 and 11. Why can't we get this product on a regular, dependable schedule? Since TLRAT is listed as a #1, can we expect to see a #2?

cmarotta99
03-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Thanks Brandon, and welcome to the boards. I see you're an administrator. Are you in addition to or in place of Tommy?
I did get two copies of TLRAT today. I think what most of us want to know is why is there such a huge span of time between TLR 10 and 11. Why can't we get this product on a regular, dependable schedule? Since TLRAT is listed as a #1, can we expect to see a #2?

I thought Lone Ranger/Tonto was only a "one-shot".

Simon Bowland
03-13-2008, 07:53 AM
There's definitely going to be a second LR&T, Joe mentioned it himself over at Newsarama:
http://forum.newsarama.com/showpost.php?p=5262758&postcount=10

There's many reasons why a book like The Lone Ranger slips off schedule. It could be the writer, the artist, the colorist, even the letterer... ok, not the last one :)

The point is, nothing is ever delayed deliberately. If we could avoid delaying the book, we would do, absolutely. In an ideal world we'd ship an issue every thirty days. But you know what, in my humble opinion the current situation is still preferable to bringing in a guest creative team, just for the sake of keeping the book shipping on time - I'd rather see an uninterrupted run of Matthews and Cariello goodness. Same goes for Whedon and Cassaday on Astonishing X-Men over at Marvel - it's been the only X-book I've been able to enjoy for a good while now, and although the shipping delays haven't been ideal, I'd rather have that than a series of sub-par fill-in issues.

Lone Ranger
03-13-2008, 07:30 PM
There's many reasons why a book like The Lone Ranger slips off schedule. It could be the writer, the artist, the colorist, even the letterer... ok, not the last one :)

The point is, nothing is ever delayed deliberately. If we could avoid delaying the book, we would do, absolutely. In an ideal world we'd ship an issue every thirty days. But you know what, in my humble opinion the current situation is still preferable to bringing in a guest creative team, just for the sake of keeping the book shipping on time - I'd rather see an uninterrupted run of Matthews and Cariello goodness. Same goes for Whedon and Cassaday on Astonishing X-Men over at Marvel - it's been the only X-book I've been able to enjoy for a good while now, and although the shipping delays haven't been ideal, I'd rather have that than a series of sub-par fill-in issues.
Simon, I agree that I would like to have a quality product, but I would also like the professional courtesy to let us know when we can expect something. The comic book is advertised as a monthly publication. If it's not going to make it, I'm not so concerned about the reason why as I am wanting to know when I can expect it. All DE needs to say is we're experiencing technical difficlties. We anticipate the book coming out on XX day. That would cut a lot of the griping on the boards.

CindyR
03-14-2008, 07:51 PM
gosh, sorry, i didn't even realize this was a legitimate question. no one ever listens to what that idiot says. he just blathers on....
cindy

Over on the LR fanclub boards, Kevin talks about the Lone Ranger comic being cancelled.

Any truth to that?

I hope not!