PDA

View Full Version : Lone Ranger Pinnacle Paperback Series

jsf
09-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Anybody remember these? They were a brief collection (8 volumes, I believe) of reprinted Lone Ranger novels in paperback form. They had these stunning covers, and were good fun.

One question: does anyone know who the cover artist was?

Lone Ranger
09-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I have a couple of the paperbacks. I'm aftaid I don't know who the cover artist was.

Ghornet2
09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I have a couple of the paperbacks. I'm aftaid I don't know who the cover artist was.

I've got # 2 & #5 and the cover artist on both was Bruce Minney. The covers had nothing to do with the stories, just nice shots of The Lone Ranger & Tonto. I think I have an extra copy of #2 (Mysterious Ranch) but I haven't seen it in a while. Things got disorganized when I moved a year ago and still haven't completely recovered. If I find it I'm going to put it up on e-bay and I'll let everybody know.

jsf
09-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys. Sorry for the delayed response (been busy). I'll check out Minney's work and see what I can fine. Guy did a fantastic job on those covers.

Be nice if DE was able to get him to do a cover or two of the new series! :p

Ghornet2
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
From research on the web I'm pretty sure there were 14 Hard Covers but I'm not sure if all 14 were released as paperbacks.

jsf
09-27-2008, 09:32 AM
They weren't. They only did about 8 of them. I used to have all of them but one.

I think they're in storage somewhere. :p

Still, like I said, it would be cool if DE could get Minney to do some alternative covers for the series. :D