PDA

View Full Version : So what's the deal with Vampi?

robinwhale
10-19-2010, 01:16 PM
For the past few years I have been careful to refer to Vampirella as "Vampirella", not "Vampi", to avoid confusion with Lau's Vampi character.

I guess Dynamite own the rights to Vampi as well as Vampirella so the question is what are they going to do with Vampi?

Are we going to see a relaunch of Vampi, or is she going to quietly fade into obscurity? Is it safe to start calling Vampirella "Vampi" again?

Panda
10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
I am quietly hoping that they relaunch Vampi. I enjoyed that series. I suspect I hope in vain, however. I think she's destined for obscurity.

shadowkat
11-21-2010, 06:17 PM
i liked vampi too. however i always wished her world was a bit more polished a closely nit. there were so much random things going on it was hard to keep track. how did vampi fare sale wise thou?

KillerKnight
11-22-2010, 10:17 AM
I enjoyed the stories, but I think they just got lost and didn't know what to do any more.
Lothar

shokoshu
11-28-2010, 10:51 AM
"Vampi" sucked. This fake-japanese abomination should be sunk
into the Mariana Trench and stay there. Up today, no "rule34" of
Vampi+tentaclemonster has ever turned up, which is about
the worst, lackadaisical, unequivocal comment fans could give :D

Richv1
12-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I think Vampi is gone. I was disappointed in the series overall. The art though was great on it. But I was expecting Vampirella in it not a new character.

Richard Vasseur
www.jazmaonline.com

KillerKnight
12-06-2010, 09:18 PM
I won't miss it
Lothar

boomvavavoom
12-10-2010, 04:54 AM
me neither.

It was more an art-exhibition then anything else, hindsight being 20/20 of course.
Stories started out ok but in the end it was too shallow and with a definite lack of good story-telling to work towards a good storyline let alone story ending.