PDA

View Full Version : Panda's Vampirella

Panda
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I got a couple requests for larger pictures in other threads so to avoid those threads ending up off topic, I thought I'd do a pre-emptive move and post them over here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Tempestmoon/my%20costumes/vampirella.jpg

More photos of the costume as well as my other costumes can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=820205600

Feel free to toss me a friends request.

Red Bryan
11-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Thank you very much! Impressive!! Yet I am a Facebook-phobic so I cannot watch your other pictures. The one on the far right side of your signature pleases my eye. :o Sorry, of course they all have this effect on me. ;) I thought the times long gone I wished reality to bite me, but sometimes my palms start to itch again. :D

shadowkat
11-02-2010, 06:00 PM
how did you feel being dressed up as vampirella publicly? someone you've admired for years? i must imagine it must feel quite invigorating.

Panda
11-03-2010, 10:45 PM
It was a thrill indeed, Shadowcat. Its a costume I was very proud to wear and made quite a splash when I emerged from the hotel and hit the convention floor!

electron
11-05-2010, 12:32 PM
sadly i am also a Facbook-phobic... I never was there.

But i remember seeing you somewhere on the web, maybe some convention review... the picture was commented "it is hard to look good in a vampirella costume" - but you do! I like the boots, though Vampirella never, as far as I can remember, wore overkneees - strange, isn't it?
but you also have the cape - Brenda did this some time after the initial costume. we don't have one.

I posted a few pics of "my" Vampirella in the other thread, since this is yours.

Panda
11-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Vampirella has worn over the knee boots in fan art. In fact she is usually drawn with over the knee boots but the fans. I personally like that look better.

The cape isn't Brenda's. After the issues I had with her I was certainly not buying a cape from her.

shadowkat
11-19-2010, 01:48 AM
over knee boots are for prostitutes.

KillerKnight
11-19-2010, 11:11 AM
sounds like you know a lot about prostitutes.lol
Lothar

Panda
11-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Obvious attempt at trolling is obvious. Also fail.

KillerKnight
11-22-2010, 01:59 AM
definate fail. just sad is all.

electron
11-22-2010, 10:02 AM
been absent for a while and then this?

man, somebody just went straight to ignore on my list.
maybe envious poster is just envious :p

looking forward to #1!!
I think i will have to wait another week though until I can pick my copy up (Europe...)

shadowkat
11-22-2010, 02:21 PM
so because i think and a large majority would agree, that over knee boots are for hookers that means i'm trolling? how utterly asinine.

Panda
11-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Obviously trying to start an argument is obvious *laughs*

Someone just made my ignore list too.

shadowkat
11-23-2010, 09:30 PM
you guys are pathetic.

shokoshu
11-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Yay! 4chan mode! :cool:

MandyOToole
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Shadowkat, u call yourself a vampirella fan??? LOL Vampirella wore over the knee boots 4 years in the 90's: :)

Panda
03-24-2011, 02:17 PM
I finally made it back!

Been reading the books and am at a 2 - 3 out of 5 level of liking them so far. From what I've read most are feeling about the same.

Kamakazi
05-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Your Dawn outfit in your FB profile is amazing.

AngelOne
05-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Vampirella has worn over the knee boots in fan art. In fact she is usually drawn with over the knee boots but the fans. I personally like that look better.

The cape isn't Brenda's. After the issues I had with her I was certainly not buying a cape from her.

Since she has a picture of you wearing the costume on her website, I thought Brenda must have been much nicer to you then she was to me, but I suppose not. Nonetheless, I am glad it worked out in the end because I must say I think you made the best Vampirella I have ever seen.

positronic
05-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Waitaminnit, did shadowkat just call Panda a prostitute? Not nice. :(

Red Bryan, electron, and other Facebook-phobics like me can just back up the URL pathway of the Vampi photo montage and view Panda's Photobucket costumes page here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Tempestmoon/my%20costumes/

She obviously spent a lot of time on these (of course, very few people can pull off these types of costumes without looking silly, regardless of how well done the actual costume is, but she does). Well done, Panda.

Day Walker
05-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Waitaminnit, did shadowkat just call Panda a prostitute? Not nice. :(

If by "just" . . . you mean, "did shadowkat call Panda a prostitute, over 17 months ago . . . " well, then, yes, I think shadowkat might have implied that . . . way back then . . .

But since then, shadowkat may have given over-the-knee-boots a second chance . . .

ChastMastr
05-15-2012, 12:24 AM
She looks fantastic, but I have to say that the reason I clicked on the thread was immediately imagining something like this:

:)

shokoshu
05-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Ohnoes. Don't give the Internets ideas. :o
(Speaking of yiffing in hell, I saw so many comic characters dressed up
as Vampirella for the lulz, that I have lost count. The costume is
iconic, isn't it? From the furry dept., I count e.g. Foxglove (which is a bat
anyway), Minerva Mink, Gadget Hackwrench, QT Bunny and Vexus.
Fetch a Special No-Prize if you don't need a visit to Wikipedia now.)

ChastMastr
05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Yay! I get a No-Prize! Also, with the image of Vexus as Vampirella, nightmares! ;) (Oh, Eartha, you are missed...)