PDA

View Full Version : Pantha?

Thunder
11-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Now that Dynamite owns Vampirella, are there any plans to reintroduce Pantha? Harris Comics never seemed to know what to do with her either . . .

nickybdynamite
11-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Hhhmmmmm, wonder if we were thinking about this ;)

Yep, we are. We're trying to do her right. Give us some time!

best!

Nicky

booziehand
11-29-2010, 09:03 PM

best!

Nicky

Sounds Good To Me :)

Panda
12-01-2010, 03:55 PM
*biiiig thumbs up for Pantha* :D

angelbeville
12-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Wonderful news, Nicky! Huge Pantha fan here, too!

MandyOToole
12-01-2010, 07:29 PM
I am also Angel!! Would u prefer Dynamite keep the harris pantha costume?? I always thought she she should wear an all black costume considering shes a black panther. :o

angelbeville
12-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah Mandy, I wasn't too fond of the blue velvet bikini. I'd love to see her as an honest-to-goodness shape-shifter. A beautiful young woman from a race of black panther people as she was originally envisioned. Loved the early Warren Vampi-Pantha fight scenes!

electron
12-01-2010, 11:21 PM
this would be great to see a classic character back!

I allways thought why they did not create her ith black skin color from the start.
Basically no costume needed then - would work for me. not the bookstores though I guess;)
well, here I can live with quite some options just the character being back is a good thing for me!

KillerKnight
12-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, I agree, all black would be much better than the blue spotty suit.
Lothar

Red Bryan
12-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I liked the velvet bikini. By the way: if you give her a black overall, maybe in leather, what difference does it make compared to the new Vampirella dress? And to the dozens of other heroines with this kind of outfit?

Thunder
12-02-2010, 05:25 PM
In the early days of Harris taking over the Warren era horror universe (when they thought they owned Vampirella, Eerie, and Creepy), Harris seemed to have a more cohesive vision for what they wanted to do with many of the characters from Vampirella and Eerie - - - (the 2 of the 3 magazines with the most reoccurring –ongoing characters). I believe that the legal settlement dertermined that Harris only owned Vampirella and the other 2 magazine’s material revered back to James Warren – who has either sold rights to or worked something out with Dark Horse comics. . . but I digress. . .
One of the more interesting ideas Harris was running with as the revisioning of the Rook character. In the Harris universe the man who would become the Rook, merged with Chaos Skin – a sloughed off outer skin of the Mad God Chaos. The skin became the Rooks costume, but also had awareness and communicated telepathically with its host. The skin could shapeshift and change appearance . . .

I’ve often thought that some kind of a symbiotic relationship between Panta and her costume would be more satisfying than either the Warren era solutions (when she ripped out of her cloths to become a panther and then had to rely on the kindness of strangers to cloth her) or the Harris era (when they never really explained what happened to her costume when she shape shifted) – The Harris era costume, while sexy, never made much sense . . .

why would someone walk around all day dressed like a pole-dancer at a strip-club. A shape-shifting costume could meld with Pantha’s fur when she’s in panther form . . .

KillerKnight
12-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Some people like to wear a costume more often, like my brother in law always wears a suit no matter when you see him in public. At home or on his Harley he wears his leather costume. I think what ever we wear is our life costume.

electron
12-02-2010, 11:08 PM
why would someone walk around all day dressed like a pole-dancer at a strip-club.

This actually allways was one part of the vamp uiniverse I liked best. running around in the suit like nobody cares - except the occasional relief moments with some funny remarks.
The people in the world look at Vampirella or Pantha and don't see it that way. a costume. It is more like as if it "appears" totally normal to them.

the shape shifting costuem thing is an idea i like though.

shadowkat
12-05-2010, 10:36 PM

best!

Nicky

god,please don't. save your time and money. pantha is a HORRIBLE character.

WarDog
12-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Another vote for a black costume here! She would look great in Black.. And knowing Dynamite, the character would improve as well..

Renaud
12-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Now that Dynamite owns Vampirella, are there any plans to reintroduce Pantha? Harris Comics never seemed to know what to do with her either . . .
Like Vampirella, I would also be interested in hardcover books, both new solo stories and classics of Pantha

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn317/R_Mortisse/Pantha2.jpg