PDA

View Full Version : VAMPIRELLA ARCHIVES REVIEW

Renaud
12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
VAMPIRELLA ARCHIVES REVIEW

first comment: SHOW OFF :-)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_d_MYpkKUMjI/TD2xtHG3reI/AAAAAAAACD4/dWxxtxFrJ3E/s1600/Vampirella+Archives+Vol.+01.jpg

great paper quality, oversize original magazine format, color covers, all back stories and other pages included

Now that's what the word quality really means; very impressed

I'm definitively getting volume 2

http://www.boompanda.com/previews_files/2010/08/hires/AUG100943.jpg

Good Job Dynamite

nickybdynamite
12-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Thank you Renaud!

The guys worked extra hard to make it the best it can be, and this is great to hear.

Merry Christmas!

Nicky

Thunder
12-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Mine arrived in the mail yesterday . . .
it really is beautiful . . . a nice addition to my collection.

. . . I had forgotten that in the very first Vampirella story, Tom Sutton drew her costume very differently from the costume we all know and love today . . .

Red Bryan
12-25-2010, 12:19 PM
So he has that in common with Dynamites artists. :D

electron
12-26-2010, 05:14 PM
I will most definitely order myself one of these!:)

and it has the costume.:eek:

Thunder
12-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Keep in mind, this edition has the complete Vampirella magazine content from issues 1 through 7. As such, the only true Vampirella stories are in issues 1 and 2. Warren wasn’t quite sure where to go with Vampirella beyond issue 2 so the regular comic took a hiatus until issue 9.

Issues 1 and 2 – introduce us to a funky, “mod” Vampirella – the stories are quirky and full of puns. When Vampirella returns as a regular series in issue 9 the stories get darker and Vampirella is taken more seriously as an on-going series.

boomvavavoom
01-03-2011, 08:47 AM
I actually only care about the Vampirella stories so I would welcome a new TPB with only that... I did get the huge TPB with the Rella-stories from magazines #1-37 (I believe) and boy was that cool!!!!

DYnamite is doing an amazing jobs with the HC's though as well!!! I just saw the Art Of Vampirella HC and that one was amazing!!!

Red Bryan
01-04-2011, 03:14 AM
There is a hardcover in germany called Vampirella Classics Vol. 1 (never got a Vol. 2), where a few of the other stories from the early magazines are reprinted. These are fantastic and so I look forward for the complete magazines. I'll get mine next week!

I bought the TPB, too, but there are pages missing! The better TPBs have been the Crimson Chronicles Vol. 1 to 4.

Renaud
01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I actually only care about the Vampirella stories so I would welcome a new TPB with only that... I did get the huge TPB with the Rella-stories from magazines #1-37 (I believe) and boy was that cool!!!!

DYnamite is doing an amazing jobs with the HC's though as well!!! I just saw the Art Of Vampirella HC and that one was amazing!!!

Back stories are fun too and in the same style as Vampirella, very 70's

You wouldn't regret it

And volume 2 will be raining with Vampirella

And personally I'm very curious with those other back stories as welll

boomvavavoom
01-09-2011, 03:56 AM
yes I know. I do have 30 magazines which satisfy that part :)
But yeah... a Vampirella MAXIMUM edition for #38 and beyond would sooooo get my attention!!

CaptHowdy666
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Well as someone who didn't know much about Vampirella but decided to get into the Vampirella craze here at Dynamite... I finally finished my copy of Vampirella Archives Vol 1 (I have Vol 2 waiting already).

Man, I loved it! I know some only want the Vampirella stories but I loved em all. I knew nothing about this magazine so really enjoyed it.

I wasn't that interested in the Creepy and Eerie series' that have been out for some time but if need be, I may check them out if they have similar cool anthology type stories. However, I have the Archives on regular order from my local comic shop. They know to now get me anything Vampirella (along with Phantom, Red Sonja, Project Superpowers :)

electron
04-03-2011, 11:14 AM
The decission to publish this material in such a high quality form was really good.

This is the first time one can make his collection of original material without having collectors prices called. These volumes also look quite good on any shelf.