PDA

View Full Version : Favorite character so far?

comixfan1980
07-18-2011, 07:38 PM
I know it's early in the Kirby-verse, but I figured I would ask who your favorite character in the book was so far out of all the heroes/villains? It's hard for me to pick so early on so I'll wait to read some responses before I choose my selection, which I'm sure will change 20 times over the next several months. LoL!

Tulku
07-21-2011, 08:56 PM
I guess I'd have to go with the Black Terror or Green Lama.

Oh, wait. You meant in the Kirbyverse. Then I've got nothin'. I miss Project Superpowers.

Captain Canuck
07-22-2011, 06:53 AM
I love the looks of Tiger 20 but no one can touch the name "Midnight Swan". :p That's just awesome.

Oh, and I miss PSP too.

Paul Nolan
07-28-2011, 03:02 PM
It's so difficult to say so far.....

I love the designs and air of Tiger 20
I love the pomposity of Sundance of Mars
and Ramar just looks like he might become a sneaking favourite of mine too...

Paul Nolan
08-10-2011, 11:05 AM
If I were to pick a hero / team for the next book after Kirby: Genesis Captain Victory. Currently I choose Glory Knights!

bluetyson
08-18-2011, 07:50 AM
The Midnight Swan's dad! :D

Silver Age Sammy
08-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Glory Knights & The Pioneer Two!

Knightt
08-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I know it's early in the Kirby-verse, but I figured I would ask who your favorite character in the book was so far out of all the heroes/villains?

Favorite character so far ? There are so many to choose from as Jack Kirby's work spans this new book from left to right and is populated by VERY likable characters. I am short on time today but if I had to pin the rose on a couple of characters it would be Silver Star and Darius Drumm. Being a retired Army guy I can appreciate the Super Soldier idea and I liked the way he was brought back right after 'the Event' because it made me think, "Was he brought back as a result of The Event or was it the government that USED The Event as an excuse to be able to reveal/bring back Silver Star ?" Darious Drumm oozes evil on many levels and if you have read of him in the past, you will know that this is a very nice/evil character that Jack created which is open for Kurt Busiek as he and Alex Ross creates the lay of the-Kirby-land in what I consider to be an EPIC EVENT.

I could easily say, "All of them" but I am just very glad that they are back !!

leonmallett
12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
For me so far it is Tiger 20; I hope we see a one-shot or mini eventually around him.

Kimoyo
01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
For me so far it is Tiger 20; I hope we see a one-shot or mini eventually around him.

Co-sign that!

The Glory Knights are also interesting!

Peace,

Mont

TheReader
04-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I think my favorite character in the Kirby books so far has got to be Dragonsbane or Silver Star, both have some deep qualities and leadership skills that make them stand above the rest as something truly special.

positronic
04-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Um... all of them?

But seriously, if you're asking which should have their own spinoff series?

Glory Knights
Galaxy Green
Ulysses
the Blue Genie guy from the Mythlands (whose name I already forgot) who reminds me of Shazzan from the old H-B cartoon series

Seems like you could do half a dozen spinoff series just on the Mythlands characters.

comixfan1980
04-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Apparently late 2013 we should be seeing a resurgance of the Kirby material according to Nick at C2E2, but it appears as if the current run of books will be ending fairly soon. Bummer. Still, I agree that any of those characters listed would make great mini's and/or ongoing titles.

positronic
04-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Damn. This stop-and-wait stuff can't be good for the company. DE just starts to build up some excitement and momentum, then it's late shipping, wrap-up-the-current-cycle, and "on hiatus". :mad: Are we just repeating the pattern of Project Superpowers, Black Terror, Buck Rogers, Jungle Girl, Athena, Green Hornet Year One, Green Hornet Strikes! and Robocop with Kirby: Genesis? Seems like every DE title I like doesn't last. The only exceptions so far would be Green Hornet and Lone Ranger (I came in late on Zorro, which I understand will be wrapping up soon)... Warlord of Mars and its various spinoffs seem to be doing well so far, but since I like them, they're probably doomed (if ERB Inc. has anything to say about it). Too soon to say: Bionic Man, Bionic Woman, Flash Gordon, Lord of the Jungle, The Shadow, The Spider.

Wouldn't you know it, the ones that just keep on chugging along like Red Sonja, Queen Sonja, and The Boys are the ones I don't read...

comixfan1980
04-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Ironic isn't it? I'll be honest, I was devistated when Project Superpowers fell off the face of the earth and when the hiatus for Genesis' books hit I will be severely devistated as well, its so frusterating to see my favorite titles end up like this.

I guess that's just how it goes...... :(