PDA

View Full Version : Kirby: Genesis - Captain Victory

Paul Nolan
07-28-2011, 04:15 PM
So the Genesis hits its second day in October

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1107/27/captainvictory1ath.jpg
KIRBY: GENESIS - CAPTAIN VICTORY #1

Written by Sterling Gates, art by Wagner Reis, covers by Alex Ross, Michael Avon Oeming, Sean Chen and Wagner Reis.

The enigmatic soldier known as Captain Victory leads an elite group of intergalactic rangers through the mysterious and deadly cosmos, fighting against forces set on the destruction of life, itself! But who is this man, and what does he want? This special introductory issue starts with a bang, as the deadliest battle Captain Victory and his men have ever fought begins!

32 pages, $3.99.

Sounds good to me.... I'll be first to place my cash upon the comic shop counter.

comixfan1980
07-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm excited for this too, hopefully it will be as good as the core series has been, and maybe even better! I'm wondering if this is going to be a mini or an ongoing series though, I'll have to research this personally, but I'm really hoping for an ongoing series as opposed to a mini.

TheTerror
08-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Okay, I'm going to get this. Is it ongoing or limited series format?

leonmallett
08-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Okay, I'm going to get this. Is it ongoing or limited series format?

Also is this the first spin-off (I find the DE site awful to navigate to glean accessible info)?

comixfan1980
08-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Also is this the first spin-off (I find the DE site awful to navigate to glean accessible info)?

Yes, this is the first spin-off from Genesis, more will come down the road as the creators start cooking with gas. As for if it's a mini or an ongoing, I'm not sure, I believe it's ongoing though.

comixfan1980
09-01-2011, 08:53 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34106

Here is an interview done for CBR about Captain Victory and the upcoming series.

Enjoy!

Paul Nolan
09-01-2011, 08:56 AM
It's a great interview, though it would be nice if CBR went out and changed the fact that it mentions the series as a Mini. even though its ongoing (doubly confirmed by Sterling Gates today).

comixfan1980
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Tarin has become one of my favorite supporting characters in any comic book, I love his design and the way he stands up to Captain Victory when he felt his decisions were not in the best interest of the mission and I love how he kind of enhances the plot with the subtle things that he says and does. What a great character and I look forward to see more of him in the near future :)

BugsySig
02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
One of my favorite books on the market. Excellent stories, great characterization and world building. Looking forward to a long run.

Barniac
06-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Issue 3 with art by Steve Scott has been my favourite so far. I'm looking forward to him continuing the series (as advertised?) and with all the great Alex Ross covers that we've also seen linked to the upcoming issues.

thank you Dynamite for producing a new and exciting chapter of Captain Victory!

BugsySig
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Number 5 was great again. Too. Ad Issue 6 appears to the the last. TPB solicited for issues 1-6 in September.

positronic
06-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Frankly, this was my least favorite of the KG spinoffs, so I won't really miss it. I'm more upset that it looks like we're never going to see another issue of Dragonsbane, which was my favorite (except for the core series) of the bunch.

comixfan1980
07-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Frankly, this was my least favorite of the KG spinoffs, so I won't really miss it. I'm more upset that it looks like we're never going to see another issue of Dragonsbane, which was my favorite (except for the core series) of the bunch.

It was my least favorite of the spin-off titles too, but man o' man did I still love it. Its a shame that this line has had the troubles that it has had, there was so much potential to see the launch of what could have someday become the 3rd largest universe of characters in comics with boundless limits. As far as Captain Victory is concerned, I will certainly miss this book as I've loved the way they were telling the story in this series as if it was from a member of the Rangers, that was fun and it was handled really well.

I will miss Silver Star as well and it looks as if we may never see Dragonsbane #3 or #4......