PDA

View Full Version : Kirby: Genesis #2

comixfan1980
08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
So, what did you guys think about this months issue? I personally love the bit with Midnight Swan and I'm really enjoying her character, I love her design too, it's just so darn cool. I was glad to see quite a bit of Silver Star, he seems like a great character and I'm looking forward to getting to know him within this series, I'd say he's been my favorite hero of them so far.

Paul Nolan
08-02-2011, 08:22 AM
(im)patiently waiting on my mail order delivery.... I wish I could read this sooner but my LCS charge 3.15 ($5.12) for $3.99 comics. :mad:

GrayPumpkin
08-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Whoa I missed it at the shop somehow off to the store during lunch today then.

Paul Nolan
08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Whoa I missed it at the shop somehow off to the store during lunch today then.

get a pull list..... then you won't miss anything as you can just ask the store owner for whatever came in that for you any one week.. :D

Paul Nolan
08-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Big box of comics has arrived today.... Including the 1:10 Sook Variant of issue 2. A blooming nice surprise to start of with, but the pages of Herberts artwork surprised even more. From the incredible Sasquatch Splash, to Kirby's abduction. The appearance of the Glory Kinghts, to Silver Stars amiability. The comic was flat out incredible, incredible, incredible.

Britt68
08-11-2011, 09:06 PM
This is comic is awesome. At first, I was concerned a bit about too many characters coming together at once, but each line is clear. I cant wait to see how this is going to come together. Midnight Swan is developing as is Silver Star. I really am anxious to see how the Glory Knights develop. The writing is crisp and the art is fantastic. I am by no means a comic expert, but it seems like the gold standard to me.

Did everybody catch the Culvers Butter Burger reference? Hilarious!! Wonder if they will fly back for a turtle concrete!

comixfan1980
08-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Midnight Swan seems like such a cool female character, I'm hoping she remains a part of the story and doesn't fade away as some kind of an entry character to bridge Bobbi with the superhero world. I've seen that kinda stuff happen in the past and it's become so cliche`. I just can't wait to see what comes out of Genesis, I can't believe we're almost half way through the 6-issue initial series already.

Britt68
08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Wait. It is only a 6 issue series? Is that the arc or are they doing the same thing they did with Project Superpowers? It would be a shame for this to be only 6 issues. There is just so much going on, hard to see how it gets resolved in 6 issues.

Paul Nolan
08-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Well, thats interesting, I don't think i've seen it posted elsewere that its an initial 6 issue series. But I suppose a "Genesis" is simply the creation of this world, we already know we've got Captain Victory in October, Silver Star (i'd imagine) will be coming soon. but I'd hope Kurt Busiek can continue on this event style book alongside those.