PDA

View Full Version : Kirby: Genesis #4

comixfan1980
10-21-2011, 10:50 PM
So, I just got this in the mail recently and man o' man does Captain Victory lay down the law on all the different factions while everyone is gathered in a summit together, it was really cool. Other than that I found the stuff going on with Kirby in the prehistoric land to be somewhat boring, but an appearence by Silver Star brought me right back into it due to how awesome it was as well as some time spent focusing on the villains toward the end.

Britt68
11-16-2011, 07:05 PM
This was another strong issue. I can see the battle lines being drawn. There is real tension between the heroes. We get another tidbit of the back story of another hero. As interesting as the info is, I want to find out more. The story of Kirby is getting more intriguing. The artwork remains visually stunning.

This is a strong title that keeps you coming back for more.

I was also thrilled to see there is an issue #7 coming up. I was really bummed when the rumors of only a 6 issue run came out.

comixfan1980
11-18-2011, 07:32 AM
I just re-read issue #4 again for the 3rd time and I'm enjoying it more and more each time, especially since I feel like I'm starting to know the characters. I'm feeling closer to Captain Victory now and it was great to see him call the shots and it certainly was nice to see Tiger 20 get to speak on things as well, I'm pumped for issue #5 (it can't come fast enought!)

Chadster
11-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Great story in this issue, it's been a dream to pick up the Genesis series each and everty month, keep it up Dynamite! I'm loving Captain Victory as a character the most, he seems to really take charge and I lik that in characters, hopefully we see a lot more of him in his series and this one for a looooooong time to come.

leonmallett
11-22-2011, 02:11 AM
For me issues #0 and #1 were so focused on screen-setting and depicting the vast cast, that it was from #2 onwards that the book hit its stride, which has continued in #4. Even with so many mythologies contained in the title, I do not feel as lost as I did on reading #0 for the first time. This is a packed book of a kind that isn't being produced at say the big two comic book publishers.

I am really enjoying the complementary work of Busiek with the artists, and i have to say Herbert has been a superb complement to Alex Ross' own work.

Good stuff.