PDA

View Full Version : As it pertains to the costume thread.... Part 2

Thunder
12-01-2011, 07:25 AM
The Administrator closed the costume thread
And while I agree that some posters were being snarky and rude closing the entire thread seem an overreach and, well, frankly passive-aggressive. There were other ways to solve that. I took a long time composing my comments on that thread and they are gone.

So. Now I am gone too.

Ive decided that this company shows little regard to fan feedback. Id already decided that I wasnt going to spend any more money on the Vampirella title until the current direction is mercifully ended.

I am leaving the forum as well . . .

good bye, it's been fun.
- Thunder

Chiclo
12-01-2011, 08:22 AM
I must disagree, Thunder. The moderator was well within his responsibility to close down that thread and it was getting awfully rowdy. His judgment was sound and reasonable.

GrayPumpkin
12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Sorry to see you go Thunder, you always had good posts.

GrayPumpkin
12-01-2011, 10:41 AM
And sorry to everyone involved if it was my post got the thread pulled. Though if so, no one has come out told me as such.
It was not my intent to be snarky or rude. To me I was simply having a back and forth discussion and I have to my knowledge never made any personal attacks on these boards, always trying to keep complaints about the work and not anyone personally. I was simply trying to illustrate that I was not talking out of my derriere when I was going on about the numbers.

rlvaugh
12-29-2011, 10:33 PM
A very well-done blog on the Gonzalez Vampirella, mostly done in pictures, and with some good insight on the importance of the iconic costume and why the Bad Girl Vampi doesn't work.

http://groovyageofhorror.blogspot.com/2008/07/jose-gonzalezs-vampirella.html

http://groovyageofhorror.blogspot.com/2008/09/jose-gonzalezs-vampirella-pt-2.html

Albertus
12-30-2011, 02:02 AM
Thank you so very much, rlvaugh, for posting the links. Vampirella was one of my boyhood fantasies and Jose Gonzalez was her greatest artist. He made Vampi so ALIVE!

rlvaugh
12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Thank you so very much, rlvaugh, for posting the links. Vampirella was one of my boyhood fantasies and Jose Gonzalez was her greatest artist. He made Vampi so ALIVE!

No problem. It's really enjoyable; wish the Dynamite honchos would take a look at it. Not that it would make any difference. :p

GrayPumpkin
12-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Great read, Gonzales was truly a master of his craft, so much charm and emotion portrayed in his work and this article did a bang-up job of presenting that.

Vampirella
01-07-2012, 04:11 AM
You gals and guys knowwhat?
looking all all this and currently reading archives #3 I thought, Vampirelal is kind of totally not working the way it is done at the moment.

whatever, but i thought what I'd like to see would be a b/w, like "film noir" thing..... that transports some part of the Horroresqueness (is that a word?). The old stories capture by their intense b/w artwork.
what do you think?

maybe throw in red as additional color in, as a standing out costume in an all b/w environment. something like that would kick more a$$ that this bloodless CGI artwork we get right know.
sorry to be so blunt but that is how it feels.