Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phantom Issue 1

I liked the premier issue, I felt the art was pretty good and the writing wasn't bad, but I felt that the series taking place in Bengali was kinda strange, almost as if it wasn't needed. Still, It was good in my eyes.
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadster View Post
    I liked the premier issue, I felt the art was pretty good and the writing wasn't bad, but I felt that the series taking place in Bengali was kinda strange, almost as if it wasn't needed. Still, It was good in my eyes.
    Anything that brings new fans to the Phantom is a good thing. I just wished it was something closer to the Phantom I know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Anything that brings new fans to the Phantom is a good thing. I just wished it was something closer to the Phantom I know and love.
    I'm sure that if The Last Phantom becomes a smash hit then we will see some more Phantom series ala Green Hornet, I wouldn't mind seeing this happen either because there is always room for more as long as it does not become a saturating affair....ala Green Hornet lol. Still, maybe we will get some classic remasters of The Phantom and possibly a Year One series (which I would be all about), but I guess time will tell.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Quote Originally Posted by Chadster View Post
    I enjoyed it too. The only part that I thought was a little sudden was his decision to become the Phantom again. Finds his murdered family one panel, starts mixing berries the next.

I don't know what the deal is with Bengali. Like with the Hornet, I'm not as knowledgeable about the character as some of you, so I don't have the same expectations. Much like someone new to Batman would not really care if his stories took place in Metropolis, Bengali didn't jump out to me as a flaw.
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

One thing is for sure, Dynamite has some incredible stuff going on with classic characters like Phantom and Green Hornet, it would be cool to see some kind of a crossover between them at some point in time.

Not right away, but down the road about would be interesting.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Good first issue, there is tons of room for improvements though and I think they will make this character awesome in due time once they give him his suit and focus on fighting and hero situations. I liked the art, could have been more better but it was pretty good and the cover was awesome. I liked what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTerror View Post
    Good first issue, there is tons of room for improvements though and I think they will make this character awesome in due time once they give him his suit and focus on fighting and hero situations. I liked the art, could have been more better but it was pretty good and the cover was awesome. I liked what I got.
    It seems like a lot of people were iffy about the art, I for one found it to be pretty good but nothing to go crazy over, it did it's job and the writer did his and together they made a pretty good first issue. One thing I did really like was the briefcase bit that lasted throughout the issue, it was kind of cool and before I saw what was actually in there I was guessing that it was his guns and paraphaniellia, nice little touch to the story.

I'm getting really excited for the second issue, should be here I beleive next Wednesday or quite possibly the week after, but I do think it's the 29th to be honest.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

I was just reading one of the Comic Legends (#253) revealed over on CBR. It says that the reason the Phantom's costume is purple was because of the berry dye that was used. That puts the berry juice costume in issue one in a different light.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-revealed-253/
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    I was just reading one of the Comic Legends (#253) revealed over on CBR. It says that the reason the Phantom's costume is purple was because of the berry dye that was used. That puts the berry juice costume in issue one in a different light.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-revealed-253/
    And an appreciable knowledge of, and attention to, detail. Thanks for pointing that out, I'd missed it.
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]