Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: What licenses would you like to see DE pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    Actually I believe Dynamite has done a few inter-company crossovers, I am not entirely sure though.
    Spider-Man and Red Sonja, in a wonderful follow-up/sequel to the original story in Marvel Team-Up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    Spider-Man and Red Sonja, in a wonderful follow-up/sequel to the original story in Marvel Team-Up.
    True, and they also did Red Sonja/Claw with DC. Pretty sure those are the only ones though, and those were back in 2006-2007. Also pretty frustrating for those people who wanted to see the most obvious one, Conan/Red Sonja.

EDIT 03-20-13 -- Whoops, I am forced to correct myself. Apparently there was a Witchblade/Red Sonja crossover series just in the last couple of years. And that thing with Ash from Army of Darkness fighting the Marvel Zombies. Who knows, maybe I'm forgetting other things as well.
    Last edited by positronic; 03-20-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    Also pretty frustrating for those people who wanted to see the most obvious one, Conan/Red Sonja.
    Indeed, though I understand Dark Horse's reasoning--they're trying to stick closer to the REH books in this run. I need to catch up on Conan more than I have lately due to financial constraints, but I assume that's still true.

I like the King Kong suggestions. Not sure where you could go with it, but it'd be cool. This year would be the perfect time to do it too, since it's King Kong's 80th anniversary.

One character that, imo, Dynamite needs to persue is Doc Savage: Man of Bronze.
    2013 is also the 80th anniversary of the Doc.
    If my understanding is correct, and I am the first to admit I could be wrong. DC has lost the rights to Savage. Leaving them open for a quick and savy company to pick them up.
    Given the excellent run Dynamite has had/and is having with their presentation of pulp characters, it would be a shame if they did not make a serious attempt to aquire the rights.
    For deep in my soul the old gods brood-
    And I come of a restless breed-
    And my heart is blown in each drifting mood
    As clouds blow over the mead.

Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    One character that, imo, Dynamite needs to persue is Doc Savage: Man of Bronze.
    2013 is also the 80th anniversary of the Doc.
    If my understanding is correct, and I am the first to admit I could be wrong. DC has lost the rights to Savage. Leaving them open for a quick and savy company to pick them up.
    Given the excellent run Dynamite has had/and is having with their presentation of pulp characters, it would be a shame if they did not make a serious attempt to aquire the rights.
    agreed. I'm a long time Doc Savage fan, I used to read the reprints from bantam back in the 70's offten enough that the owner of the book store started to let me pick out what I wanted and order it for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ghornet2; 04-11-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Name:  justiceinc.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  90.8 KB
    And The Avenger* too, while they're at it. Might as well go for the Street & Smith trifecta. Those three were always the "Big 3" pulp heroes to me (sorry, Spider and Black Bat). Of course The Avenger had a lot more success the second time around in the 1970s as a paperback reprint than he ever did in the 1940s, to the point where when the original pulp stories ran out, Paperback Library commissioned new ones from writer Ron Goulart. Strangely enough, The Spider and Black Bat (and other long-running pulp heroes like G-8 and Phantom Detective) never made much of a dent in the market in the 1960s-1980s mass-market paperback reprint era, even though they were vastly more popular in the 1930s and 40s. The irony there is that Paperback Library licensed the right to reprint The Avenger from Conde-Nast, while they actually owned the rights to the Ned Pines-published pulp heroes Phantom Detective, Black Bat, and Captain Future. Probably goes to show the importance of having a really strong cover artist like James Bama, Jim Steranko, or Peter Caras.

*If they can get around the fact that Marvel will object to them using the title "The Avenger" and DC may object to "Justice Inc."
    Last edited by positronic; 04-11-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

I would like to see an updated Dick Tracy series, Lost in Space and a Warlord of Mars/Lord of the Jungle crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    I would like to see an updated Dick Tracy series, Lost in Space and a Warlord of Mars/Lord of the Jungle crossover.
    i'd like to see these too. the Tarzan/John Carter team up from Dark Horse was pretty decent, but i would very much like to see Dynamite do its own version.

new Lost in Space comics (based on the old show instead of the movie) would be awesome. as would Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. i grew up with reruns of all the Irwin Allen shows and loved them. still do.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
    i'd like to see these too. the Tarzan/John Carter team up from Dark Horse was pretty decent, but i would very much like to see Dynamite do its own version.

new Lost in Space comics (based on the old show instead of the movie) would be awesome. as would Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. i grew up with reruns of all the Irwin Allen shows and loved them. still do.
    Good ideas, I would also like a series based on the Shaft movies from the 70's, would be a lot of fun.