Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: What licenses would you like to see DE pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    WOAH . . . no way, I want Tarzan to go to mars . . .and have his own adventure, that has nothing to do with John Carter .. . just tarzan journeying to barsoom, maybe meeting carter, maybe fighting alongside carter . . . but no confrontation between the two, forcing the two main characters to fight in a crossover is a good way to sink it.
    though i enjoyed the Dark Horse Tarzan/John Carter team up i did find their reason for conflict to be a bit contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
    though i enjoyed the Dark Horse Tarzan/John Carter team up i did find their reason for conflict to be a bit contrived.
    Well according to the thread in the Warlord of Mars forum ehre .. . they are aware of the problems of taht particular crossover
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

Ever wondered why Captain Nemo and HG Wells "Time-Traveler", is hardly used in comics?

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Ever wondered why Captain Nemo and HG Wells "Time-Traveler", is hardly used in comics?
    Ocean is boring . . .

but the time traveler . . .well I have to say that is probably because the morlocks and eloi have become so centralized to the story adn the idea of the story that exploring ideas outside of them (exploring the freaking TIEM TRAVEL ASPECT OF THE TIME MACHINE) has become taboo in a sense. As well the idea of a time traveler travelling through time has been soooooooo overdone.

If dynamite did a "time machine" story I would want it set in the time period of the morlocks, and I wouldnt want it called "the time machine" or anything. It would almost need to be a sequal to it, and the universe would have to be treated kinda like Thundarr or Herculoids . . . .

if the Eloi/Morlock time is central to the story . . . make it central, and explore that world and what it means, the various other peoples that may have evolved in it and how the time traveler . . . after abandoning time traveler, would affect and change this future world

Or they could do Captain Nemo . . . but re-imagine the story as a space-traveler version of the character. I would read 20,00 lightyears beyond in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    Ocean is boring . . .

but the time traveler . . .well I have to say that is probably because the morlocks and eloi have become so centralized to the story adn the idea of the story that exploring ideas outside of them (exploring the freaking TIEM TRAVEL ASPECT OF THE TIME MACHINE) has become taboo in a sense. As well the idea of a time traveler travelling through time has been soooooooo overdone.

If dynamite did a "time machine" story I would want it set in the time period of the morlocks, and I wouldnt want it called "the time machine" or anything. It would almost need to be a sequal to it, and the universe would have to be treated kinda like Thundarr or Herculoids . . . .

if the Eloi/Morlock time is central to the story . . . make it central, and explore that world and what it means, the various other peoples that may have evolved in it and how the time traveler . . . after abandoning time traveler, would affect and change this future world

Or they could do Captain Nemo . . . but re-imagine the story as a space-traveler version of the character. I would read 20,00 lightyears beyond in a heartbeat.
    The way those two books ended for me, they are ripe for further exploration.
    Does Dynamite own the rights for the Rook, I remember that the Warren version had a connection to the Time-traveler.( didn't like the Harris version in the 90's)
    If set in modern times a Captain Nemo series could be a cool scifi/pirate book.

Ok, I"m being serious here, but who owns the rights to make a Mortal Kombat comic book? I think it was attempted a long time ago but dropped.

A one time mini-series, Obviously from a story point of view its pretty much acknowledges itself as a excessive use of violence for the sake of it. Not sure if its worth it on the business end though, there is no room and little audience to make it more then a one time mini, and if it stays true to the mortal kombat games then it will undeniably be a bad story , I just think it would be fun at the same time.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . .leeeeeeets see

how about something people wouldnt expect, like . . . scribblenauts . . .

yeah I am out of ideas . . .

FLASH GORDON.....PLEASE

what am i talking about? flash is a DE property......i blame a lack of sleep and a heavy working week.

I would love to see what DE could do with the golden age SANDMAN (aka Matt Wagner's Sandman Mystery Theatre). He would be a perfect fit for their Pulp line of heroes!
    The Hornet's Nest Podcast - A podcast dedicated to all things Green Hornet!