Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: What licenses would you like to see DE pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
    I know Marvel/Disney owns them I'd love to see Dynamite's take on Crossgen's Sojourn title. I loved that title and hated when it ended prematurly. I was hoping Marvel would do something with them but they never did. Shame too, as it was a fantastic read.
    Don't think of it as "they never did", think of is as "they haven't YET". They'll get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsRollKato View Post
    Don't think of it as "they never did", think of is as "they haven't YET". They'll get around to it.
    Unfortunately, sales for the Crossgen revival titles were abysmal, among Marvel's lowest.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    Unfortunately, sales for the Crossgen revival titles were abysmal, among Marvel's lowest.
    It kills me that most comic book readers want nothing but the next "Wolverine & 6-10 Other Characters You Don't Really Care About" or "The Mediocre Adventures of Batman's 7th Robin & His Irrelevant Friends" titles.

There is a whole world of great comics out there that don't contain a single cape, cowl, or mustache-twirling would-be conqueror of worlds. As cool as both Batman and Wolverine are as characters, it gets to a point where they become the comic book equivalent of Justin Bieber (sic?) or the Spice Girls.

C'mon people. Try something different. Please.
    Current DE pull list: Red Sonja; The Shadow; The Shadow:Year One; The Spider; Kings Watch; The Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights; Lone Ranger; Pathfinder:Goblins; Mark Waid's Green Hornet; The Shadow Year One; Miss Fury; Miss Fury: Digital First; Lords of Mars; Pathfinder; The Owl; The Black Bat; Warlord of Mars; Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris; Dejah Thoris & The Green Men of Mars; Red Team; Codename Action; Lady Rawhide; Uncanny; Lord of the Jungle (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-KL99 View Post
    C'mon people. Try something different. Please.
    That's kind of the point of "Free Comicbook Day". To get people to try different things. By the way, I'm pretty sure it isn't free to the retailers who have to buy the books to give away.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

They sure do have to pay for them, and they've been getting more and more expensive each year since FCBD started.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

I will say that I wasn't a fan of Crossgen other than ABADAZAD (which was fantastic and went on to be published as prose/graphic novel hybrids, the third of which, sadly, was not released here in the states and is out of print in Britian) and what little I saw of the Sherlock Holmes-esque RUSE.

I've never been a fan of Marvel either as a source of entertainment (the characters just don't interest me) or as a publisher (short of when EPIC was running back in the 80's). They don't take the type of chances that DC has or continues to do. Think of the top five most influential graphic novels/collections ever published...Chances are they were all DC books. I have enjoyed some Marvel comics in the past...NEXTWAVE...Ed Brubaker's run on CAPTAIN AMERICA...Bendis and Maleev's DAREDEVIL (and the Brubaker/Lark run after that) and some others but, generally speaking, I have found more pleasure from DC/VERTIGO books.

Marvel fans aren't, generally, open to change and/or anything different. Always exceptions to the rule, though, of course, but generally they like where they are and don't want to stray too far from it. Classic licensed characters like FLASH GORDON or the ilk A) don't concern Marvel. They have their own licenses that have become Hollywood juggernauts and B) Don't do very well, sales wise (even the classic DOC SAVAGE and JOHN CARTER Marvel books were very short-lived).

So, I'm really REALLY glad that Dynamite is in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsRollKato View Post
    That is, to date, TIED (with MAX HEADROOM) for my all-time favorite TV series.
    With all of two people clamoring for this, it's not likely, but still one can imagine....

[IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/640/talesofthegoldmonkeypos.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Talavar View Post
    .... the Universal Monsters. Start off with a series called Monsters or something that has them all together, then do Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Wolf Man. Since characters often get multiple titles (how many did Green Hornet launch with again?), I could see, for example, House of Dracula Bride of Frankenstein working out well. Followed by inevitable Year Ones for all of them.

And that's just the big three. The stable of Universal Monsters is large enough to support a reasonably large line, with the Invisible Man, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Mole People, and others who could make the world that much larger, if not necessarily carry their own books.
    I'd totally buy Monsters. Strangely I don't think I'd be that interested in some of them individually, but as a bizzare monster "team" I would so get it.

Similar to the way Masks teamed up. And although the very idea would probably piss off or offend all the "purists", the pottential idea of Masks vs. Monsters would be freakin incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by comichero View Post
    I am all in favor of this line of comics, as long as DE allows Joe Jusko the covers to all these comics, he loves this stuff!
    Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Talavar View Post
    And since they love variants so much, how about they release actual variant comics instead of just the covers, in which the interior art is rendered in black-and-white?
    I'd so snag the Universal Monster black & White variants.
    Last edited by Guicho; 03-01-2013 at 01:17 AM.
    Ja think I'm a cowboy?

Quote Originally Posted by Guicho View Post
    Similar to the way Masks teamed up. And although the very idea would probably piss off or offend all the "purists", the pottential idea of Masks vs. Monsters would be freakin incredible!
    Moonstone already did this one (albeit with PD versions of the monsters, rather than Universal's), as pretty much the last gasp of their abortive Return of the Originals pulp line. There were 4 one-shots: The Spider vs. Werewolf, The Phantom Detective vs. Frankenstein, Domino Lady vs. The Mummy, and The Black Bat vs. Dracula.

Name:  RotM Spider v Werewolf.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  34.5 KBName:  RotM Phantom v Frankenstein.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  34.0 KBName:  RotM Domino Lady v Mummy.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  37.0 KBName:  RotM Black Bat v Dracula.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  39.6 KB

Moonstone already did this one (albeit with PD versions of the monsters, rather than Universal's), as pretty much the last gasp of their abortive Return of the Originals pulp line. There were 4 one-shots: The Spider vs. Werewolf, The Phantom Detective vs. Frankenstein, Domino Lady vs. The Mummy, and The Black Bat vs. Dracula.

Name:  RotM Spider v Werewolf.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  34.5 KBName:  RotM Phantom v Frankenstein.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  34.0 KBName:  RotM Domino Lady v Mummy.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  37.0 KBName:  RotM Black Bat v Dracula.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  39.6 KB
    Those look like fun, will check them out. Thanks!
    Last edited by Guicho; 03-01-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Ja think I'm a cowboy?

Default Carson Of Venus by Edgar Rice Burroughs

After John Carter Of Mars, from the Venus series, Carson Of Venus (Pirates Of Venus) also by Edgar Rice Burroughs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_series

http://www.piratesofvenusmovie.com/

Distributors: Angelic Pictures (worldwide) (theatrical)
    Production Companies: Angelic Pictures Inc.
    Producer: Mark Maine, Bruce A. Pobjoy
    Edgar Rice Burroughs www.erbzine.com/mag15/1560.html
    Country of Origin: USA Color Genre: Action
    www.myspace.com/piratesofvenusmovie

I certainly would be very much interested in seeing this

[img]http://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2/0/b/0/0b092d20-178d-012c-867e-0050569428b1.jpg[/img]

(cover links)
    1 http://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2/a...50569428b1.jpg
    2 http://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2/d...50569428b1.jpg
    3 http://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2/f...50569428b1.jpg
    4 http://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2/0...50569428b1.jpg
    5 http://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2/1...50569439b1.jpg

Almost finished reading volume 4, and it doesn't let down for a minute, with action-packed adventures; novels I very much recommend

- Pirates of Venus (1934)
    - Lost on Venus (1935)
    - Carson of Venus (1939)
    - Escape on Venus (1946)

And can't wait to read

- The Wizard of Venus (1964)

Should really read the whole collection

And once read, with this next line, from book 4 in "Escape On Venus" could an attemp be made to finally resolve in comic book form this mystery

Betty Callwell aka Loto-El-Ho-Ganja (Most High More Than Woman Of The Fire, Fire Goddess) Goddess of the Brokols"

[img]http://www.erbzine.com/mag11/1941Fire.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by Renaud; 03-06-2013 at 11:29 PM.