Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2960

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2960
What licenses would you like to see DE pick up? - Page 26
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: What licenses would you like to see DE pick up?

Default Carson Of Venus (Carson Napier)

It was first serialized in six parts in Argosy in 1932 and published in book form two years later

Description:

Covered by clouds and shrouded in mystery, the planet Venus was the last place Carson Napier expected to touch down when he launched his secret rocketship to Mars. But a miscalculation sent him hurling out of control through the cloaking mists of Earth's sister world

Carson attempted to reach Mars with his own secret rocketship, and calculated carefully the right trajectory, but after the launch discovers that he forgot to calculate one think, the passage of the moon and the gravitational pull of it, and instead, after a close orbit he was shot right in the opposite direction toward the Sun, and when he though he was finished, at the last moment saw Venus in his path, and entering the atmosphere parachuted himself only to find himself landing onto the branches of enormous monstrous size tree where we later discovered people living in them, even a whole city, and a kingdom with a King and a princess. The story has an element of the forbidden romance, and both end up kidnapped by birdmen, with none stop action pack adventures happening to them

The problem with Carson of Venus (from Dynamite's point of view) is that it ISN'T in the public domain. Which means they would have to officially license the title from ERB Inc. Consider that ERB Inc. has pursued litigation against DE for their publishing of Lord of the Jungle and Warlord of Mars (both of which ARE in the public domain) -- they aren't likely to want to work with DE.

Any current Carson of Venus adaptations would need to come from Dark Horse Comics, who are still the official licensees (as far as comic books and graphic novels are concerned) of ERB-owned titles. Regardless of the fact that they've released exactly ONE new comic book (The Once and Future TARZAN) in the last decade and a half, along with their many reprints of ERB comics.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    The problem with Carson of Venus (from Dynamite's point of view) is that it ISN'T in the public domain. Which means they would have to officially license the title from ERB Inc. Consider that ERB Inc. has pursued litigation against DE for their publishing of Lord of the Jungle and Warlord of Mars (both of which ARE in the public domain) -- they aren't likely to want to work with DE.

Any current Carson of Venus adaptations would need to come from Dark Horse Comics, who are still the official licensees (as far as comic books and graphic novels are concerned) of ERB-owned titles. Regardless of the fact that they've released exactly ONE new comic book (The Once and Future TARZAN) in the last decade and a half, along with their many reprints of ERB comics.
    So Carson Of Venus will be feature in Dynamite comics around 2020, or is it 2047

Unless the US copyrights laws change, or unless a deal is made
    Last edited by Renaud; 03-10-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
    So Carson Of Venus will be feature in Dynamite comics around 2020, or is it 2047

Unless the US copyrights laws change, or unless a deal is made
    There have been instances in the past where "unauthorized" use of characters has turned into "authorized" use (which is exactly what happened with Ace Books in the 1960s), so it's not impossible. Otherwise, "the waiting is the hardest part", as Tom Petty would say.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Both Dynamite and ERB are very reasonable companies and I am sure they will work out a deal in time . . . if they eve do make a Carson of Venus comic . . . I would really love if they did a "what if" story . . . "what if carson made it to mars"

and I hope they would preserve Carsons infamously bad sense of direction, and keep him a pirate.
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

SHOGUN WARRIORS

KING KONG

BIONIC SIX

GIGANTOR

FLAMING CARROT and the MYSTERYMEN
    Last edited by positronic; 03-12-2013 at 08:48 PM.

If any “What If…” style story based on Carson Of Venus, it would be the generations that follows, possible starting with the early adventures of a blonde princess, and a dark hair prince, the children of King Carson Of Venus and Queen Duare.

Anyone remember the movie "Small Soldiers", its about toys coming to life and beating the crap out of each other.

Well here is what you do . . . you get the license . . . and you take the word "small" out of the title.

AND TELL ME THE STORY OF THE GORGONITES AND COMMANDO ELITE WAR IN THEIR OWN UNIVERSE!!!! Kinda like what the video game based on the movie did. These characters are so wasted, because they are only characters IN THEIR OWN UNIVERSE?!?!?!?!

I want to see why the factions are at war, I want to see the world of Gorgon, I want to see how these different breeds of "gorgonite" function together . . . it would be worthwhile to use gorgonites exclusive to the toyline (real world toyline, I had an insaniac it was awesome) in the comics! I will never fathom why there wasnt a "Small Soldiers" animated series . . . Evolution got an animated series . . . but noooooo . . . not Small Soldiers . . .

hmmmmm . . . you should get the license for the movie "Evolution" as well . . . and remake the animated series to actually make sense with the film, show the mutant space monsters environment growing and consuming earth . . .it would be awesome!!!

And someone mentioned King Kong . . . oh yeah, get King Kong . . . I want ot see the "Lords of the Jungle" with King Kong and tarzan . . . give Kong a voice for the first real time . . . OR Send him to barsoom to become king of a white-ape tribe . . . point is, you should get Kong . . . if only for the crossover potential with the Burroughs-related comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    And someone mentioned King Kong . . . oh yeah, get King Kong . . . I want ot see the "Lords of the Jungle" with King Kong and tarzan . . . give Kong a voice for the first real time . . . OR Send him to barsoom to become king of a white-ape tribe . . . point is, you should get Kong . . . if only for the crossover potential with the Burroughs-related comics.
    It's too bad Dynamite doesn't really do inter-company crossovers. (Would have loved to see an Invaders/Project Superpowers crossover...) I guess that's more up Dark Horse's alley, anyway. I was thinking Tarzan on the Planet of the Apes, but a King Kong/Planet of the Apes crossover would work too. Maybe BOOM! Studios will pick up the Kong license. Or if IDW picked it up they could do King Kong vs. Godzilla II.

Actually I believe Dynamite has done a few inter-company crossovers, I am not entirely sure though.

But Tarzan on planet of the apes . . . that would be . . . strange to say the least, but it would be an opportunity for Tarzan to feel more at home with humanity than he has EVER felt. With humanity devolved, and apes ruling the world. . .

Too bad dynamite cant do anything to make it happen > _ >

and like you said, if they got Kong . . . Godzilla vs Kong 2 . . . but that would require another inter-company crossover . . . gah

well at least the Burroughs-related crossovers owuld be awesome, a chance to hear Kong speak and tell what happened to the other apes, and a chance to see Kong happy living amongst the white apes of mars . . . perhaps like John Carter he reached out across the void before he hit the new york pavement, and woke up on mars.

Hmmm wasnt there a sequel where Kong had an Albino son . . . . . hmmmmmmm . . . . . white apes of Mars . . . . . White son of Kong . . . .