Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: What licenses would you like to see DE pick up?

I wouldn't mind seeing a 'Person of Interest' comic....

Cool From Doc Savage to Speedboy!!

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    Attachment 648
    And The Avenger* too, while they're at it. Might as well go for the Street & Smith trifecta. Those three were always the "Big 3" pulp heroes to me (sorry, Spider and Black Bat). Of course The Avenger had a lot more success the second time around in the 1970s as a paperback reprint than he ever did in the 1940s, to the point where when the original pulp stories ran out, Paperback Library commissioned new ones from writer Ron Goulart. Strangely enough, The Spider and Black Bat (and other long-running pulp heroes like G-8 and Phantom Detective) never made much of a dent in the market in the 1960s-1980s mass-market paperback reprint era, even though they were vastly more popular in the 1930s and 40s. The irony there is that Paperback Library licensed the right to reprint The Avenger from Conde-Nast, while they actually owned the rights to the Ned Pines-published pulp heroes Phantom Detective, Black Bat, and Captain Future. Probably goes to show the importance of having a really strong cover artist like James Bama, Jim Steranko, or Peter Caras.
    Yes, I agree. Doc Savage and The Avenger.... to go with THE SHADOW and GREEN HORNET.

It would be a better "Dynamite World" with all of these guys under one "roof".!!

AND... I still think Dynamite should talk to Jim Simon about THE FLY, PRIVATE STRONG, and FIGHTING AMERICAN and SPEEDBOY!!
    Last edited by magnoanddavey; 04-28-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magnoanddavey View Post
    Yes, I agree. Doc Savage and The Avenger.... to go with THE SHADOW and GREEN HORNET.

It would be a better "Dynamite World" with all of these guys under one "roof".!!

AND... I still think Dynamite should talk to Jim Simon about THE FLY, PRIVATE STRONG, and FIGHTING AMERICAN and SPEEDBOY!!
    Regarding the Simon properties, it would be a better "Red Circle World" with all those guys under one roof, since Archie is now publishing The New Crusaders themselves. Which has been excellent, BTW.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Orphan Black. It's a new show on BBC America...Really cool concept.

Here are some that I thought might make good monthly comics...
    Seaquest
    Quantum Leap
    Lost in Space - Dark Horse had this one a while back but don't know if they still do.
    Land of the Lost
    Andromeda
    The Prisoner
    Red Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by db8coach View Post
    Lost in Space - Dark Horse had this one a while back but don't know if they still do.
    QUITE a while. Dark Horse had the movie version (circa 1998) when that was current. They never did the TV version. (Although they did do DH Archives hardcovers of the Gold Key Space Family Robinson comic book -- which is a different license altogether.)

Innovation Comics did the TV version back in the early '90s, with Bill Mumy writing on the final 6-issue arc.

So, we talking movie or TV?
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Either...Both. Dynamite has a habit of doing some "old skool" "new Skool" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by db8coach View Post
    Either...Both. Dynamite has a habit of doing some "old skool" "new Skool" stuff.
    I only ask because the movie seems largely forgotten already. I think the studio viewed it as a non-performer, while fans of the TV series seemed split between "hated it" and "eh, mixed bag, could have been better/but could have been a lot worse, too". Doesn't really seem to have spawned any new fans, though... Since the movie, Irwin Allen Productions did a new TV pilot which wasn't picked up and never aired.

Personally, I'd kind of like to see a movie or new comic series based on the original Space Family Robinson comic book. Just remove the whole equation of trying to recreate the Will/Robot/Dr. Smith triangle, which I don't think they can ever really make anyone happy with.
    Last edited by positronic; 04-29-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Land of the Lost would be great. as long as its based on the original tv show. seaQuest is a property that i would like to see revived. either as a continuation or a reboot. though i doubt a monthly would last very long.

Default No Fly at Red Circle.!!

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    Regarding the Simon properties, it would be a better "Red Circle World" with all those guys under one roof, since Archie is now publishing The New Crusaders themselves. Which has been excellent, BTW.
    You're right, again. The New Crusaders has been excellent.
    But, it looks like The Fly and Pvt. Strong/Shield will be written out of continuity....or whatever it's called.
    The Fly does not appear on the cover of LEGACY OF THE CRUSADERS, ---which is a very bad sign for Mr. Thomas Troy. (And for the fans of THE FLY.)