Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: What licenses would you like to see DE pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by magnoanddavey View Post
    You're right, again. The New Crusaders has been excellent.
    But, it looks like The Fly and Pvt. Strong/Shield will be written out of continuity....or whatever it's called.
    The Fly does not appear on the cover of LEGACY OF THE CRUSADERS, ---which is a very bad sign for Mr. Thomas Troy. (And for the fans of THE FLY.)
    Do you think thats the reason that the next set of New Crusaders has been delayed/cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by db8coach View Post
    Do you think thats the reason that the next set of New Crusaders has been delayed/cancelled?
    I'm afraid I'm at a loss to understand why the NEW CRUSADERS has been delayed (or worse). We've been assured that it will be published in '14.

THE FOX is returning with Mark Waid writing.

LEGACY OF THE CRUSADERS is still on schedule..... but I'm not sure why they delayed NC.

There was mention of a new character called "The Blue Fox" that was going to join or, at least, appear in NC --he appears on one of the covers of the series ......but I'm not sure if that's the problem/conflict...or what.
    Last edited by magnoanddavey; 05-06-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    Since they now have Voltron, and since Top Cow hasn't published Battle of the Planets in a few years, they should get that license too. Maybe just call it Gatchaman (or G-Force) to avoid any connection with the dumbed-down American cartoon version. They could get a small line of "classic" anime titles going -- I wouldn't mind seeing Astro Boy, Gigantor, Captain Harlock, 8th Man, or Star Blazers, either.
    What Dynamite ought to do is enter negotiations with Tatsunoko productions to produce a GATCHAMAN comic.

i know Alex Ross is a huge fan of Gatchaman and did the covers for the dvd sets and the Top Cow series. just makes sense for Dynamite to acquire the publishing rights.

Default Blade Runner

With the mastery your staff has of both Pulp and Sci-Fi storytelling, the license I would most like to see Dynamite Entertainment pick up would be Blade Runner.

The continuation or expansion of the gritty Universe created by Ridley Scott opens a million doors in storytelling directions giving the readers a good window into that expansive world of countless stories from both old characters and new!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketwebshow View Post
    With the mastery your staff has of both Pulp and Sci-Fi storytelling, the license I would most like to see Dynamite Entertainment pick up would be Blade Runner.

The continuation or expansion of the gritty Universe created by Ridley Scott opens a million doors in storytelling directions giving the readers a good window into that expansive world of countless stories from both old characters and new!
    That's probably more complicated now that they are doing a sequel.

Well, now, apparently, the Legion of Super-Heroes, cancelled in August. It didn't fit with the ickiness of the New 52 anyway. Okay, I know, Dynamite couldn't buy it, but... gah.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
    i'd like to see these too. the Tarzan/John Carter team up from Dark Horse was pretty decent, but i would very much like to see Dynamite do its own version.

new Lost in Space comics (based on the old show instead of the movie) would be awesome. as would Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. i grew up with reruns of all the Irwin Allen shows and loved them. still do.

WOAH . . . no way, I want Tarzan to go to mars . . .and have his own adventure, that has nothing to do with John Carter .. . just tarzan journeying to barsoom, maybe meeting carter, maybe fighting alongside carter . . . but no confrontation between the two, forcing the two main characters to fight in a crossover is a good way to sink it.
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

Default Defiance

Seeing as how I love the game and the show, and I love Dynamite comics, I would love to see a series based on DEFIANCE.
    DE Pull List: Black Bat, Damsels, Damsels: Mermaids, Dejah Thoris: Green Men of Mars, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Lady Rawhide, Lords of Mars, Miss Fury, Red Sonja, Red Sonja Legends, Red Sonja Unchained, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Spider, Uncanny , Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris

Quote Originally Posted by cdarlage View Post
    Seeing as how I love the game and the show, and I love Dynamite comics, I would love to see a series based on DEFIANCE.
    As long as dynamite takes great pains to make it follow and stay within canon, I think Defiance would be the perfect license for dynamite to pick up. There are so many avenues of storytelling for the universe it would almost be hard to make something that doesnt folow the canon. They coudl set it in the florida quarantine zone, in south america, any place!
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.