Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Queen Sonja story idea

Default Queen Sonja story idea

so what if a group of unmarried kings from other Hyborian Countries got together and found out that each other all wanted to wed Queen Sonja and unite their 2 kingdoms? So then, the kings could decide to host a tournement, and who ever wins the contest would be the king whom got to propose to sonja. And of course, the kings would set up the tournement, make a big deal out of it with advertising and stadium seating (and charge admission fees to the public) all while never once consulting with Sonja or even asking her permission for said contest. This could lead ol' Red to crash the tournement, secretly enter it herself, or even just be plain curisous about it. BUT.......the meat of the story would be that there is an evil plot to assassinate one of the more wealthy kings in the tournement, and Sonja (or her trusted advisors) might stumble across this conspiracy......which could lead to some character development for ol' Red! Does she sit idly by and watch? Does she try to solve the mystery? or does she ignore the assassination plot alltogether and focus on the tourne?

I like the idea for this. Let me start with saying that would be a TRUE Queen Sonja story not talking about her history, or how she came to be Red Sonja the way DE has made it out now, which has change from the marvel way so many times. It would be something to do with her as Queen that she could as you say deal with it or allow it to unfold. I stopped buying these comics because I felt like they were going no where. It just felt like a Red Sonja story backflash. anyway if the Queen Sonja comic is to stay around they need to put her in story lines that make her deal with Ruling a kingdom issues. And NO it would not be bad for someone to finaly defeat her so she can be in love, and get hitch to a king. That could open up all kinds of new story lines. Another king could want to go to war with them, because he could not get sonja for himself. so, her and her new husband/king would have to face war with another country over her marriage. and drag their people into a bitter war. If not just let her give up the throne and go back to just SONJA.

I totally think QS should go in this direction. Of course, we still got to have Ta-tas Mcgee facing off against enemies and such, so that the splash pages of her can sell the comic. But to pepper in some real life situations would be awesome. I would love for an older sonja (perhaps late 40's?) to get into a war with a rival nation that her army just can't win. So her sword and her courage isn't gonna turn the tide, and the red queen must think outside the box to prevent her lands from being invaded and basically taken away from her people. And what if Sonja had a son, and behind her back her son decided to fall in love with the rival king's sister........man there are so many possibilities!

yeah so many times with any comic book it seems to be the same old story lines and outcomes. If this book series Queen Sonja wants to be somthing more than just MORE Sonja stories, it need to go off in it's own way. We have The Sonja "She Devil" Line, and "Wrath of the Gods" line, then the one shot comic books that all focus on her sort of in the same time and story lines. What I mean is they could all flow together. BUT Queen Sonja should just go off into a whole new direction. The Idea of her having a SON wow that would be awsome, first because it wouldn't be a daughter, second because she would have something more to fight for than just herself. Sonja would be more vunerable than ever, because it would not be just her sword arm winning the day, but threats on her family and kingdom, fears she has never had to deal with before because she has always been alone. In having read all the red sonja comics from DE, I have never felt "even tho they have tried" that Sonja has ever felt true love and devotion to anyone but herself. BUT a child of her own would change that forever. Man what the Queen Sonja books could be with just some balls from the writers to take it down a whole new path. She would still be sexy and the greatest female warrior ever, but give us something new to sink our teeth into.

I feel exactly the same way. How awesome would a story be with Queen Sonja getting kidnapped by some highly skilled rogues (probably because she is in the wrong place at the wrong time as usual. Snuck out of the castle to go drink some ale and gamble while in disguise perhaps?) and taken across a border into a neighboring kingdom while being held for Ransom? And one of the kidnappers recongnized her because of his and Sonja's mysterious past together........
    MEANWHILE, back in Sogaria- Sonja's advisors can panic and try to come up with various plans on how to get the Queen back. But oops, here come political repersentatives from an allied nation needing to speak urgently to Queen Sonja about the famine that they are dealing with........and oh snap right after that the ransom note arrives from the kidnappers, but wait they don't want money, but instead want some ancient scrolls from the palace treasury that contain forbidden spells.........
    BUT Sonja aint just gonna be sitting around waiting.........while she is captured the rogues can find out the hard way that even though they can defeat her when it's 5 on 1, having a little fun with the unarmed, badly beaten, and by their own estimation over-rated Red Sonja could end up with broken fingers and broken toes......
    MAN I WISH SOMEONE WOULD GREEN LIGHT THIS STORY IDEA!

we can only hope that someone out there can and will make this comic a stand alone series. Push it to the max, and don't hold back! I am with you on this one let's hope it happens.

My idea for Queen (soon to be Empress) Sonja is an alliance with the newly crowned king of Aquilonia, Conan.

The world really isn't big enough for the two of them.
    [IMG]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6888/rs43xi.jpg[/IMG]

that would make an awesome crossover, I mean everytime she was in a conan comic, she was less than super around him. NOW that she has made her own name in the hyborian world, and a Queen herself, Conan would be the only true man for her, but the idea that it could fall apart? I could see that happen.

I can see Conan and Sonja being left alone by their advisers and just burst out laughing.

There they are, two dirty low-born barbarians, hated and scorned all their lives and now they are Kings by their own hand.

Together they'd conquer the world.
    [IMG]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6888/rs43xi.jpg[/IMG]

I think you just summed it up the best!