Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warriors of Mars (lets discuss it here)

DARN RIGHT

I just read it . . . and I think that this series . . . NEEDS A FOLLOWUP

I think that this last issue is a perfect launching point for a "war of the warlord" with gulliver eventually recovering his carpet, so he may travel back in time to defeat the HG wells martians before they invade earth . . . thus causing the earth invasion of barsoom.
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

Ack! I haven't read it yet, but Well's Martians are involved somehow? What the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    Ack! I haven't read it yet, but Well's Martians are involved somehow? What the heck?
    OH NO NO NO NO NO

that is just what I WANT

I havent read the whole thing yet either, I just skimmed throught it - _ -

but I would love if the human invasion of mars was provoked by H.G. Wells Martians

thus time-travelling gullivar will have to travel through time and stop them! BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME XD

Ah, I see. Well, if it showed him averting the negative aspects of that future, I would like that. (I don't care for the idea of the WoM stuff leading up to a dystopia...)

it didnt show that :/

in fact at the end he is stranded in the future, I certainly hope there is a followup.

Another big disappointment after an extended wait (along with Green Hornet Strikes! #10) from Dynamite for me this week. The story itself was fine, as opening chapters of a new story arc go. But it would have made more sense to end Warriors of Mars with the previous issue, since (a) John Carter wasn't in this story, and (b) why start a new story arc, and leave us with questions and dangling plot threads to an unresolved story in the last issue?

Nothing in there made me think they had any intention of tying the story into H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds martians, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    thus time-travelling gullivar will have to travel through time and stop them! BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME XD
    Might be a little too similar to Marvel's Killraven, Warrior of the Worlds though (which I wish they'd bring back) -- despite the lack of a time-travel element to that one.

Yes, now that I've finished it... I honestly found it disappointing as well. Well, I can treat it as an out-of-Warlord-of-Mars-continuity tale or something (I would be surprised if the Thither people and such showed up in the main series), like a What If or Elseworlds for WoM, I suppose.

overal lthis ending was a bit "meh"

it kinda makes me think warriors of mars was supposed to be longer

although this story does fairly fit in with burroughs larger continuity involving the moon maid

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    it kinda makes me think warriors of mars was supposed to be longer
    Yes, it feels like there was supposed to be another issue wrapping up the "future" stuff. Weird.