Thread: Loved Vampirella #14. They got it right!

Default Loved Vampirella #14. They got it right!

Now this is the Dynamite Vampirella I've been waiting for. All the elements are in place. Patrick Berkenkotter and Jose Malaga drew Vampirella in costume and drawn in a fresh way that equals the Warren Days. Muscle tone well drawn. Good facial expressions.

I enjoyed Eric Trautmans script more now that its the real Vampirella. Looking forward to next issue from this team.
    Comic2read

Default It's been a long wait

I don't think I've enjoyed a Vampirella this much since Revelations came out years ago. #14 had most of the classic elements - the costume, good art, a bit of gratuitous bondage, psychological tension, a palatable amount of physical violence, a traitor, skeletons! I'm actually looking forward to next issue.

I beg to differ. To paraphrase Smallville, last season: It's not the costume that
    makes Vampirella. (It helps to identify her when she's otherwise $BadGirl, OK )
    Whereas #14 certainly had great moments (the They-went-that-a-way skeleton
    was a howler) Eric again had one of his "I have an arc and I gonna use it" moments.
    Note that Warren had almost zilch arcs and even the fans once protested about too
    much "to be continued" stuff. I reiterate for the umptieth time that arcs were
    invented by "Babylon5" Straczynski and perfected by "Buffy" Whedon and nowadays
    any Tom, Dick and Harry TV series has an arc, but arcs were not invented for the
    comic media. Yes, if properly used, this keeps the reader being interested (what
    is that Angel of Vengeance on the card? Doomy Dooms of Doom!) but I always
    preferred closed-off short stories with a poignant idea.

Well, well. We bitched so much that we finally got the costume back,
    lets bitch some more and maybe we get the one-shot back too

I like arcs if they have cliffhangers.
    Comic2read

Default I like Vampirella #1-

I look forward to this series new monthly issues every month. I can't understand anybody complaining about this series with all the real crap from Marvel.lol

Cool rella #1 agaaaain?

May be I should hurry on down to my local comic store and get one! Sounds good to me if every one is this excited.
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKnight View Post
    May be I should hurry on down to my local comic store and get one! Sounds good to me if every one is this excited.
    Thanks guys
    Yes, hurry, it is that good. You can also order it online on comixology.com. They have something neat called "Guided View" that goes panel by panel in a cinematic way instead of page by page.
    Comic2read

Default Cautiously Optimistic

Based on the opening post, I ordered Dynamite Vampirella #s 13 and 14. Seeing Vampi in her original costume was a joy. The story was interesting, and I'm intrigued enough to check out future issues. Seeing the REAL Vampirella again makes me cautiously optimistic. Does anyone know if Vampi is in costume in The Annual and the upcoming Red Room? I stopped buying Dynamite Vampirella after #3, and since she wasn't in costume until #13, I'm pretty certain I won't be getting the TPB Crown of Worms or Murder of Crows, unless someone out there can give me a good reason to. Dominus vobiscum.

Quote Originally Posted by Albertus View Post
    Does anyone know if Vampi is in costume in The Annual and the upcoming Red Room?
    Skip the annual . . . she's not in costume for the main story. She is for the back-up story, but it's a reprint. Don't know about the Red Room mini . . .