Thread: Warlord of Mars 28

Default Warlord of Mars 28

I am in utter awe of the current story arc... I mean that in ever possible way. It has a genuine mystery that is suspensful, little details trickling in making the mystery slowly unfold and reveal itself. And the action is superb as well!

Warlord of Mars 28 is an AMAZING ISSUE it is taking the story deep into the lore of Barsoom in the best possible ways, exploring the culture of the two most underused martian races, exploring the biology of the green martians and the apt, exploring barsoomian technology reminiscient of that in mastermind of mars without overshadowing it.

Everything about this story is something that could happen in an Edgar Rice Burroughs book, and it feels like something he would have wrote. The Savages of Mars is fiercely loyal to Barsoom, and it is an amazing read.

but I am going to tell you this right now... I dont know if I can stand the wait for issue #29... the wait will probably drive me insane and I will be committed to a mental institution...

I am so wrapped up in this story it is unbelievable... I honestly feel this is the best barsoomian story that Dynamite has put out thus far.
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    I am in utter awe of the current story arc... I mean that in ever possible way. It has a genuine mystery that is suspensful, little details trickling in making the mystery slowly unfold and reveal itself. And the action is superb as well!

Warlord of Mars 28 is an AMAZING ISSUE it is taking the story deep into the lore of Barsoom in the best possible ways, exploring the culture of the two most underused martian races, exploring the biology of the green martians and the apt, exploring barsoomian technology reminiscient of that in mastermind of mars without overshadowing it.

Everything about this story is something that could happen in an Edgar Rice Burroughs book, and it feels like something he would have wrote. The Savages of Mars is fiercely loyal to Barsoom, and it is an amazing read.

but I am going to tell you this right now... I dont know if I can stand the wait for issue #29... the wait will probably drive me insane and I will be committed to a mental institution...

I am so wrapped up in this story it is unbelievable... I honestly feel this is the best barsoomian story that Dynamite has put out thus far.
    I agree! Warlord of Mars current storyline is amazing! The art on Dejah Thoris on that martian horse was the best Dejah artwork I have seen in a while, I stared at it for a while (save space for me in that mental institution pal)--sensual yet realistic. The story was great in exploring those "underused" races of Barsoom you cited. Everyone should read Warlord of Mars!

Let me join the chorus in praise of this story. The Warlord of Mars title has to be at the top of it's game right now, both script- and art-wise. This is unusual for a DE title 28 issues into its run, which makes it sort of an 'elder statesman' among Dynamite titles. Usually what happens is that the longer a title's been around, both the writing and art become weaker, as do sales (its questionable which comes first, like the chicken or the egg). That is DEFINITELY not the case here. It's a highly original spin on the character to cast John Carter in the role of detective, which is helping to keep the series fresh. It's a true mystery, too, and while John Carter has figured out part of the answer, I still can't figure out what comes next. A well-paced story, not too quickly told, but it doesn't feel overly drawn-out either. Kudos to Arvid Nelson for the story. He's been at it since the beginning, and is still keeping it fresh. The artwork by Leandro Olivera and Rafael Lanhellas is perfect. Just right, with everything Barsoomian looking just the way it should, some well laid-out action sequences, and even the quieter, conversation-driven scenes look very nice, which is where a lot of artists drop the ball.

On a side note (not sure when exactly this started), I notice that DE has now placed a couple of things on the book: the masthead now reads "Dynamite Entertainment Presents" above the WoM title logo, and the inside cover reads "This book is not authorized by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc." Whether this indicates some settlement of the legal challenges from ERB Inc. or is merely some sort of preventative disclaimer (to support the legal contention that DE is not trying to confuse consumers into believing that ERB is sanctioning their public domain adaptation) remains to be seen. The disclaimer could be seen as trying to avoid any trademark infringement.