View Poll Results: Which Green Hornet Mask You Prefer?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • - Old Classic Complete Face Mask

5 100.00%
  • - New Eyes upper Mask

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 92 of 142 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Default Art Not So Hot

I was disappointed with the art in Green Hornet 21. I thought everyone looked like they had "balloon" faces. Vitorino seemed to be improving, although he is nowhere close to Lau's crisp and clean images. I thought the art of #21 was really bad. I hope we start to get back to the consistent high quality that started this series. The plot lines are great, both in the regular series and Annual #2. I hope the good writing is not wasted on bad art.

Unhappy The Green Hornet Strikes! - Issue 10

As of Wednesday March 7, 2012 it will be 6 MONTHS since issue number 9 came out!! DE, lets not be like Aspen and take FOREVER to complete a series!! It is time to "Pony-up" and finish the series!! No more delays!!!!!!

Moved to the Green Hornet forum......where it belongs.......
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I've given up on ever getting this issue. One day, I'll see it in the list of books to be in stores that week and go "oh yeah!" and pick it up. There's obviously no point in sweating it anymore. This is what you get from Dynamite.
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

But they're still not as bad as Moonstone...

No, and in fairness here, it sounded like a script that was very late in ever being submitted. I wouldn't want to throw that person under the bus without hearing his side, but I'll remember the name if I ver see it on a solicitation again.
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

I enjoyed this series but still felt the core GH book and the Year One book were far superior, so dropping Strikes from the rotation was pretty easy for me. I'd still like to see it completed one day, though.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I'm not gonna commit to this opinion before re-reading the whole GH Strikes! series (if there ever is a conclusion), but my initial impression (although kind of a slow and confusing start) was that in some ways this was a better modern reboot of the Hornet than Kevin Smith's version -- Smith's movie script always struck me as far too derivative of plot elements cribbed from Ron Fortier's run on the Green Hornet from NOW Comics (while leaving out a good bit of the generational element -- such as connecting the legacy to the 1940s Green Hornet -- that made it so fun and unique for me).

Oh, and Captain, the writer's name you're looking for is Brett Matthews, writer of the first 25 issues of The Lone Ranger.

In this week's Dynamite email newsletter:

LETTERS TO DYNAMITE:

Send all letters to: letters@dynamite.net

GARY WRITES: "Is Green Hornet Strikes #10 ever going to come out? If you are not printing it, can it be made available digitally on your website? Leaving the fans without a conclusion is just adding to the frustration people are starting to feel for your company. Come on, this is just one more issue."

Funny you should ask! We're working on completing it as we type this! Stay tuned for more details and the delay's were out of our control... honest!

I want the trade of GH Strikes sooooo badly. Day one purchase for me if it ever comes out.