Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What series/characters do you read?

Is jungle girl good? I was thinking of picked up the first volume hoping it would be like a female Phantom.

I have all 5 Dynamo 5 trades and it might be my favorite series (sorry Dynamite)

Okay, THAT I hadn't seen.

More like Jay Garish.
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

I'm just gonna call the new Earth 2 the evil dopplegangers (think Crime Syndicate) of the old Earth 2 and let it go at that. This doesn't look like anywhere I want to spend 15 minutes a month.

Quote Originally Posted by BatHobbit View Post
    Is jungle girl good? I was thinking of picked up the first volume hoping it would be like a female Phantom.

I have all 5 Dynamo 5 trades and it might be my favorite series (sorry Dynamite)
    No, Jungle Girl is more a female Tarzan. I like it very much, but the Volumes end with a cliffhanger each and there is no conclusion, yet. But it is very much fun reading it. I recommend the omnibus, published in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    I was looking forward to the Earth2 /JSA stuff but after having seen the new look for Jay Garrick I'm very scared. I'm trying to stay positive but . . .
    My first reaction was that it was nice that he's in a sewer because that's where the costume belongs. But really other than the helmet and over done lightening bold on the leg it's not that bad.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Unlike most fans I am giving the new 52 a chance. My anger is not that they rebooted DC but that Batman and GL who were the characters with the most need for a reboot/revamp didn't get it. This could have been a chance to undo Batman incorporated, the rainbow lanterns etc. they should have gone back to a classic Batman and Robin (grayson) and 1 Green Lantern on earth. AS much as I like Nightwing and Oracle I would be happy to lose them if it meant losing Guy Gardner, the Rainbow Lanterns, Damian Wayne, batman incorporated, Batwoman, and all the other lame attempts to cash in.

BatHobbit, the Batman and Green Lantern titles were the only titles that were selling well before the reboot (and are still selling well after the reboot - in fact, even better). A hard reboot for these characters would have been a huge gamble, as opposed to Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Teen Titans, and practically everything else, where the sales were already weak to begin with. And in the latter cases, that reboot definitely paid off. Personally, Green Lantern is one of only about a half-dozen DC titles left that I read. I can guarantee you I'd have quit if they'd rebooted it. And the only Batman titles I was reading were Incorporated and Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by BatHobbit View Post
    Unlike most fans I am giving the new 52 a chance. My anger is not that they rebooted DC but that Batman and GL who were the characters with the most need for a reboot/revamp didn't get it. This could have been a chance to undo Batman incorporated, the rainbow lanterns etc. they should have gone back to a classic Batman and Robin (grayson) and 1 Green Lantern on earth. AS much as I like Nightwing and Oracle I would be happy to lose them if it meant losing Guy Gardner, the Rainbow Lanterns, Damian Wayne, batman incorporated, Batwoman, and all the other lame attempts to cash in.
    What's wrong with Guy Gardner? He's not a lame attempt to cash in on anything; he's a character who's been around since 1968 and has had a sizeable fan base since his return in 1985. I was one of them, in fact-though since the reboot, I've sadly parted company with him and every other DC character.

Default None any more...

Well a couple of years ago I was a Stargate but not a comic fan and started buying the Stargate comics, so there I was a new customer waiting to be hooked and wham the series used to draw me in disappears.

Chris D-W

PROJECT SUPERPOWERS