Thread: Preview for #64:

So, from the preview-

MM found something, and Butcher alludes to his "research". Have there been any hints on what he was looking for?

Butcher is being briefed on somebody else going to Washington...who? Mallory? Vas?

Vought Guy is interrupted. Could it be Homelander?

Wouldn't it be anti-climactic if HL simply offed VG? This occured to me when I first saw that preview page.

Butcher and MM have a suspicion that Black Noir is somehow a weak link in the Seven. It's only been alluded to in vague terms, but it's been building since Hughie's return. Looks like MM's breakthrough may have finally come around.

No idea who Butcher could be meeting in DC, aside from one last liaison with Rayner, maybe. Perhaps Butcher has been finding out about modified anti-supe missiles...

Anyway, really looking forward to this one.

The Seven are completely irrelevant at this point. They don't even exist any more. Seems like an odd choice for Ennis to make, heading into the home stretch. Maveve is dead, A-Train is dead, Jack is dead, Annie is no longer a member- "The Seven" now consist entirely of Homelander and Black Noir, given that AquaDeep doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with them. Beyond that, we've already been informed that Vought has a way to kill Homelander, and the government has Supe-Seeking missiles.

I dunno. It's as if "Return Of The Jedi" had consisted of Luke flying back from Degobah, and finding that Vader had already killed the Emperor, blown up the Death Star, and was dancing in his underwear in Mos Eiesly. The story is pretty much over, in my mind. Ennis has never been one for last-moment Reveals, so I doubt that we're going to learn anything new or exciting. Maybe another mini-arc explaining the texture and consistency of Grampa Mallory's bowel movements, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
    The Seven are completely irrelevant at this point. They don't even exist any more. Seems like an odd choice for Ennis to make, heading into the home stretch. Maveve is dead, A-Train is dead, Jack is dead, Annie is no longer a member- "The Seven" now consist entirely of Homelander and Black Noir, given that AquaDeep doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with them. Beyond that, we've already been informed that Vought has a way to kill Homelander, and the government has Supe-Seeking missiles.

I dunno. It's as if "Return Of The Jedi" had consisted of Luke flying back from Degobah, and finding that Vader had already killed the Emperor, blown up the Death Star, and was dancing in his underwear in Mos Eiesly. The story is pretty much over, in my mind. Ennis has never been one for last-moment Reveals, so I doubt that we're going to learn anything new or exciting. Maybe another mini-arc explaining the texture and consistency of Grampa Mallory's bowel movements, but that's about it.
    I can buy that its just habit, still calling them "The Seven." BN and HL were always the ones they were worried most about.

And I want to add I feel a little bit like an idiot for thinking I had missed something with Stilwell wanting to do away with costumed heroes by 2010, but still talking of pushing superhuman defense. "Duh- he was talking about new, trained Supes, not the dudes with comics dedicated to them."

So Homelander's plan finally makes total sense- he knew he and his kind were going to get phased out.

Anyone else wonder what the story is behind those JSA lookalikes at a klan rally because I remember in herogasm (yes I payed a little attention to it) there was an old supe who went off at a ceremony about how he was part of the klan and also how would Vought America cover something like that up with what looks to be about a 100 witnesses

Quote Originally Posted by Dannycat View Post
    Anyone else wonder what the story is behind those JSA lookalikes at a klan rally because I remember in herogasm (yes I payed a little attention to it) there was an old supe who went off at a ceremony about how he was part of the klan and also how would Vought America cover something like that up with what looks to be about a 100 witnesses
    That's Garth Ennis for you. I don't believe in damn near all conspiracies, and the main reason for that is that the more people are in on the secret, the sooner it falls apart. Like Penn and Teller said, they couldn't keep a break in in an office in a hotel secret.

But Ennis regularly has the kind of far reaching conspiracies only total loons believe in IRL. That's just something you have to get used to if you want to read his catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    That's Garth Ennis for you. I don't believe in damn near all conspiracies, and the main reason for that is that the more people are in on the secret, the sooner it falls apart. Like Penn and Teller said, they couldn't keep a break in in an office in a hotel secret.

But Ennis regularly has the kind of far reaching conspiracies only total loons believe in IRL. That's just something you have to get used to if you want to read his catalog.
    So the world may never know... shucks.