Page 81 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/headli...r-april-4-2012

Amazing Brando cover!

And am loving the interiors!! Can't wait!!
    Live your dream not your history! We are the world's storytellers. We are mythmakers, the architects of legend! - Joe Q.
    ---------------------------------
    Boom Art Department
    ---------------------------------
    I AM dead!! TWICE

To each his own, but I'd rather have a title with art I'm no crazy about than not have the title at all.
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

Well, at least we can narrow it down somewhat... eagerly awaiting official word...

Quote Originally Posted by Britt68 View Post
    And what about the color? I know Cliquet does not do that, but in #23, Mulan had blonde hair (in the last page) and green eyes!!! I thought she was Kato's daughter?
    The color blunder was pretty bad. I spent Too Much Time trying to figure out who the blonde girl was at the end who seemed to know all about Britt and the Green Hornet--until I finally tumbled that it was supposed to be Mulan. Did nobody give the colorists a template to work from?
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets....I'm an old man now." --The Fighting Yank

Well, this was my first issue outside the Annual, and if that's bad art, then the old art must be amazing.

That said, yeah I did wonder when Kato became multi-racial.

Take a look at the art in #22. It was Vitorino's best work (and a GREAT start to the arc by Parks). Take a look at the early issues (#1-10) with Jonathan Lau's work. I agree that sometimes, he had too many 'force lines', but I really like the realism in his figures. The people looked real, not like cartoons (my big complaint with Cliquet). It was almost like watching a movie.

Hey, I am glad we all agree that Parks' writing is great!

I wouldn't say I dislike Lau's art per se, it's just that "reading" his art is too much work. Any time I have to spend time thinking about what's going on in and between the panels, it indicates to me the artist isn't well suited for comics. The reader's eye should flow naturally and quickly both within the panel and from one panel to the next, and this is a definite problem for me with Lau's art. I don't want to spend time analyzing what's supposed to be happening. Then too, I tend to favor artists who can convey all the necessary information without cluttering up a drawing with unnecessary lines. You find Cliquet's faces and figures too rounded and chubby, while I find Lau's too harsh and angular.

At least there is this to look forward to...

WARLORD OF MARS 2013 CALENDAR BY JOE JUSKO
    Name:  TNWarlord2013Calendar.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  74.4 KB
    Publication Date: Jun 2012 (advance solicit for October 2012)
    Dimensions: 12 x 12
    Format: Wall Calendar
    PAGE COUNT: 24 pgs
    UPC: 725130192745
    Start 2013 with a trip to Mars! This full color calendar features incredible art by Joe Jusko from the hit Warlord of Mars comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Britt68 View Post
    Hey, I am glad we all agree that Parks' writing is great!
    And I'm glad this forum got a jolt of activity!
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

I made a new map for the south pole of EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS MARS

the last map I posted was HIGHLY innacurate! this map is entirely according to EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

THIS MAP SHOWS THAT THE VALLEY OF THE LOST SOULS IS A PERFECT PLACE FOR THE THITHER LANDS!!!!! it is before the valley dor, there is an explanation for the nature of the "thither folks"

the "opal sea" of the thither lands would be a sea created from the water from the Otz Mountains

the thithers are superstitious of white skins who they call ghosts! AKA the THERNS THAT LIVE IN THE MOUNTAINS

When GULLY and CARTER team up to KICK THITHER BUTT, if you include a map of the thither-lands . . . PLEEASE use this map as a reference, teh valley of the lost souls is teh perfect place (why am I trying to convince you guys XD you ahve already more or less confirmed my theory XD)

[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p46/Ralok_one/dor-map2.jpg[/IMG]