Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Remaining Plot Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    We'll find out in 67, according to the solicitation.
    VG2 is dead. She wore a red suit. She was in the White House when all of the supes came down in 63. In 65 there was a headless body in a red suit in the hallway outside the Oval Office.
    I'm not so sure of that. Without proper ID (such as a head) it could be anybody.
    Also, whoever she is, she seems to have as much charisma as Stillwell himself.

She was not a plot point. She was a caricature of Bush' Sec. of State Condi Rice. Just like Vic is Dubya, and Dakota Bob is Cheney.

Default prediction

Hughie redeems himself by saving Annie from Butcher or perhaps killing Butcher after Butcher takes out Annie.

It turns out that Mallory recruited MM to be a fail-safe to take out Butcher should he ever prove to be..."unreliable". Things don't go as Mallory planned, though, and we have a reprise of the full page "Noir carrying HL torso" scene, except it's MM carrying Butcher's drunk body out of a bar and to a cab.

Or The Female, at Frenchie's word, might be the failsafe! (I never did buy his origin story)

Re-reading issue 64, there are two items begging elaboration-

1. Butcher's call with Maynor mentions some guy not wanting to fly to DC that night. Who?
    2. In HL's conversation with Stilwell, Stilwell refers to "miserable specied"; i.e. humans. What does that mean? Aliens? Or is Stilwell supposed to be an attempt at a higher order species? Could be, as his dad was a VAC big shot, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterS View Post
    Or The Female, at Frenchie's word, might be the failsafe! (I never did buy his origin story)
    I didn't want to believe hers or Frenchies' origins, but let's keep in mind that Hughie's backstory was every bit as retarded as theirs, as was presented as being 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
    I didn't want to believe hers or Frenchies' origins, but let's keep in mind that Hughie's backstory was every bit as retarded as theirs, as was presented as being 100% true.
    I remember Ennis saying that the whole point of Hughie's origin is that he didn't really have one in the sense that a single moment defined his life like many superheroes and villains. I still think the story could have been trimmed an issue or two.

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    Re-reading issue 64, there are two items begging elaboration-

1. Butcher's call with Maynor mentions some guy not wanting to fly to DC that night. Who?
    I believe the quote was along the lines of I don't blame him, flying into DC airspace is a nightmare. Just have transportation waiting at Dulles." It may be as simple as they wanted a helicopter to take them to the White House but no one would fly them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I remember Ennis saying that the whole point of Hughie's origin is that he didn't really have one in the sense that a single moment defined his life like many superheroes and villains. I still think the story could have been trimmed an issue or two.
    You try squeezing an entire bloody arc out of the little gobshite sometime.