Page 82 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Well, the June 2012 solicitations for Dynamite are out, and it looks like Ronan Cliquet is indeed the artist on GREEN HORNET #29, so he may in fact be the new ongoing artist on the series.

Default Lord of the Jungle #3

So, how about that ending? LoL, looks to me like Tarzan needs to learn some manors and the in's/out's of how to treat a woman

Great issue though, it was a fun one!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I've been enjoying this series quite a bit, which is funny because I went into it thinking it wasn't going to be my thing and that it wouldn't be very good......boy was I wrong.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

read it and feel as if his actions were basically his animal instincts, it was funny how the issue ended though.

is it me or does the art get better with every passing issue almost as if the artist is coming into his own right before our eyes?
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

Great book, never in a kabillion years did I ever think Tarzan would make for a good comic book but I was severely wrong! Jane is such a hottie and Tarzan is a mega badass, he just tears through these animals like a hot knife through warm butter, and the art.......it's great! Arvid Nelson is a great scribe, thank you so much sir for introducing me to Tarzan and making me believe in these characters when there was a time I once scoffed at them.

I've read the story so many times in both the original ERB novel and numerous comic adaptations. Have to admit that of all of them, DE's version does have some distinct differences from all earlier versions. Not sure if this is just DE trying to avoid legal action by doing a version that is "just different enough" from TARZAN OF THE APES (even though the book is in public domain).

I continue to read, but still haven't made up my mind about how I feel about the series yet. Still better than any of the Tarzan movies, I guess.

I've never read any of the original source material (not interested) but I'm glad that Dynamite is shaking things up a bit and making it slightly different than what has come before, I wouldn't want a carbon copy and I'm sure it gives old fans a reason to check it out and new fans a feeling of not having to go back and read old stuff. Great choice, in my opinion.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

These are the best Tarzan comics I have ever read. Jane looks great and not dull like other versions.
    Comic2read

Quote Originally Posted by TheReader View Post
    Jane is such a hottie and Tarzan is a mega badass
    Or the other way around, at least re Tarzan. Woof!!

Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    I've never read any of the original source material (not interested) but I'm glad that Dynamite is shaking things up a bit and making it slightly different than what has come before, I wouldn't want a carbon copy and I'm sure it gives old fans a reason to check it out and new fans a feeling of not having to go back and read old stuff. Great choice, in my opinion.
    Well, us Crotchety Old Fart Fans (*COFF*) are set in our ways. Sometimes takes us a while to warm up to these newfangled doodads. Not putting it down, just sayin'.

That said, sign me up for a Jane of the Jungle spinoff. Voluptuous heroines in animal skin bikinis? Yes please!