View Poll Results: Which Green Hornet Mask You Prefer?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • - Old Classic Complete Face Mask

5 100.00%
  • - New Eyes upper Mask

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 94 of 142 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Magna, GH is my favorite. Ande Parks does a great job with the writing. As you can see from another discussion, there is some debate on the art. Welcome to the Hornet's Nest.

I didn't read the Now books. What changes and/or additions are you hoping for?
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Britt68 View Post
    Magna, GH is my favorite. Ande Parks does a great job with the writing.
    Thankfully it doesn't seem as though he's going anywhere any time soon.

NickyB teased an event later in the year that would give the Hornet a boost and hopefully lead to the return of some of the earlier books (or the start of some new ones). That's the news I'm waiting on right now.
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

I actually love the Phil Hester issues, the whole angle between the church and that dude who was a skeleton with the syth arc was freaking fun as hell, as good as if not better than the arc with the Black Hornet, which I loved as well. I can't wait to see where the current story takes us, I can't wait every month for the next issue!
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

Default What kind of villains would you like to see JHornet face?

Personally I would love to see some mystic villains, I want some superpowers involved in the villains at times, but I have liked the Black Hornet being a human in a costume. It was cool. I see so much potential for some classic villains to come out of this book, hopefully Hester doesn't disapoint leading up to issue #30!
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

I prefer the more realistic villains. Crime bosses, thugs and ninjas are OK, but they should stick closer to the Dick Tracy/Batman rogues gallery types and not ridiculous superpowers like Spider-Man's or the Flash's villains. No mystic/supernatural stuff please.

Yeah, I don't see anything like that happening. NOW had 3 generations of Hornets & Katos (Golden Age, Silver Age, and Modern) in the same universe, but it's pretty clear we aren't going to find out that Green Hornet Year One and (Kevin Smith's) Green Hornet both occur in the same universe (to say nothing of Green Hornet Strikes!). The latter two reference earlier versions (both being similar to the 1960s TV series Hornet, but obviously NOT having taken place in the 1960s in DE's versions).
    Last edited by positronic; 04-22-2012 at 12:27 PM.

I would take a mix of both. I love super-villains with awesome powers and brute strength, but at the same time I enjoy realistic villains like the Black Hornet character because it makes for an even playing field between hero and villain. Either which way, cool villains always help to make a cool hero.....even cooler, if that makes any sense at all.
    Hoping Dynamite keeps pushing PULP!

I want to see some actual super villains. Even with non powered heroes I like the villains to be a little more than human. My favorite batman foes were Mr. Freeze, Bane, and Man Bat. I think GH and Kato need to face someone with some advanced science or technology. . . stay away from magic.

I don't see the Green Hornet as a superhero in the modern sense. I'd feel the same about Batman as well were it not for the fact that he inhabits a universe along with the Justice League, etc. I feel strongly that Green Hornet should hew closer to the real world and not get too fantastic and far-out. Tech based "superpowers" (e.g. Mr. Freeze's freeze gun) are OK, but there's a fine line -- GH shouldn't get too science-fictional. Otherwise it becomes "just another superhero comic" like the dozens that DC and Marvel publish every month. Yaawwwwwwwwwwnn. Frankly, I'd like to see them play up the crime/noir/pulp angle more, as much as that's possible in a modern setting. The Dick Tracy model for theme/gimmick criminals is the one that GH ought to emulate.

I am reminded by this discussion of that embarassingly bad 2-parter "Invasion From Outer Space" episode of the TV series in which it appeared that GH was fighting space aliens (actually criminals posing as space aliens, in what looked like leftover costumes from "Lost In Space"). Probably just as well that the show was cancelled before they went any further in that direction.
    Last edited by positronic; 04-23-2012 at 01:14 AM.