View Poll Results: Which Green Hornet Mask You Prefer?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • - Old Classic Complete Face Mask

5 100.00%
  • - New Eyes upper Mask

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 95 of 142 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

I'm with those who wouldn't mind seeing some villains with super-powers, I think it would broaden the rouge gallery and add a sense of "threat" to the Green Hornet instead of him going after the same old mob bosses and random thugs. He also needs a true nemesis, a villains that will come back and haunt him from time to time who's not going to leave easily and accept defeat, I'm hoping to see that sooner or later.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

If the Spider-Man type villains start showing up, I'm afraid I'm done with GH. If that's what I wanted, I'd just read Spider-Man. If it's a guy with a tech suit or gadget that gives him "superpowers" (as long as it seems within the realm of plausibility for the 21st century) I'm OK with it. No mechanical bird-wings or octopus arms, though. The cyborg dudes in the recent issue are about the limit of what I'd want to see (and that, very sparingly) in this book. No mutants or radiation-altered humans, energy-based powers, etc. Even the super-steroid enhanched types are pushing it. The first hulked-out, impossibly muscled guy I see, I quit.
    Last edited by positronic; 04-23-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Yeah I am not asking for aliens or demons or any of that. I want everything to seem like it at least exists in the realm of scientific possibility. Tech criminals, super steroid guys etc. I kind of think back to Batman the Animated Series because that used a very noir style with mostly just regular guy type villains but every so often they threw in a Mr. Freeze or a Bane or a Man-Bat to give them a real challenge.

For me Green Hornet is all about the hero and his sidekick and the villains are just there to give them something to react and respond to. I would love to see how the two non powered people with limited technology (as in the hornet gun, the darts, and the stinger are fine but don't go giving him a battlesuit or anything) deal with villains that have that edge.

I am excited to hear that a future volume (I wait for the trades) will have cyborgs in it.

I think one way to compromise and make everyone happy is to keep Year One as the standard mob bosses and ninjas and to make the main series go a little more high tech. Alternatively give Strikes! another try and put the supervillains in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BatHobbit View Post
    I think one way to compromise and make everyone happy is to keep Year One as the standard mob bosses and ninjas and to make the main series go a little more high tech. Alternatively give Strikes! another try and put the supervillains in that one.
    Works for me...
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BatHobbit View Post
    I think one way to compromise and make everyone happy is to keep Year One as the standard mob bosses and ninjas...
    That should be pretty easy, seeing as how Green Hornet Year One isn't being published any more. But I'm not happy about it, and since it isn't being published, I wish the current Green Hornet could retain more of the "pulp" feeling for the character, since it's the only Hornet book left. Ed Brubaker manages to do "pulp", even though a lot of his stories are set in modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    That should be pretty easy, seeing as how Green Hornet Year One isn't being published any more. But I'm not happy about it, and since it isn't being published, I wish the current Green Hornet could retain more of the "pulp" feeling for the character, since it's the only Hornet book left. Ed Brubaker manages to do "pulp", even though a lot of his stories are set in modern times.
    Well, Year One was supposed to be a 12 issue maxi-series, but I was kind of hoping for a Year Two book followed by a Year Three and so on. No such luck, though.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Someone one Twitter made it sound as though Ande was leaving Hornet after Outcast but he says he's already solicited for the arc after that.

Simple confusion: He said he was struggling with his "final issue" but he meant of Outcast, not of Hornet in general.

No shock:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/03/14...producer-says/

If you, like me, were a fan of Seth Rogen's version of "The Green Hornet," you're in for a disappointment: a sequel just isn't in the cards, at least not right now.

Producer Neal Moritz spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about a variety of subjects, including his work on this week's comedy "21 Jump Street." Among the topics that came up was "Green Hornet," and Moritz confirmed that a sequel isn't happening anytime soon.

"The movie did almost $250 million and was actually very well liked, but we made the movie for too much money," said the producer. "One, we made it in L.A. for certain reasons, and two, we decided to go to 3D -- that added another $10 million. If I had done it in a tax-rebate state and not done 3D, it would have been considered a huge financial success for the studio. So we're not making a sequel right now."

Look, I loved "The Green Hornet." I loved Seth Rogen and Jay Chou as Britt Reid and Kato, I loved the Black Beauty, I loved Katovision, I even loved Chudnofsky to pieces. So I would be very game to see a sequel at some point down the line. But should Rogen's "Hornet" remain a one-off, that's fine, too—it works perfectly well on its own merit, a stoner action comedy for the ages. My ages, at the very least.

That's a relief. But I'm over the movie by now, I just wish I hadn't thrown away my money on the DVD based on a minority of positive reviewers and a trailer that made the movie look like it really could be kind of fun, if you just adjusted your mindset to expect an action-buddy-comedy flick (which I did -- and boy, was I disappointed). What I'm really still steamed about is that all the movie publicity didn't result in a DVD release for the 1960s TV series (I thought for sure...)!

What a waste of a very cool car.

I have mixed emotions about this. The movie wasn't as bad as I expected. A little to much comedy but . . . I still think it would make a good TV show. With Casey and the DA in on the secret and using the Sentinal staff as information sources or unknowing agents. Set it up similar to TNT's Leverage were they go after the 'criminals with in the law' with the occasional straight gangster or street gang etc. Isn't TNT doing a series of Mystery of the week type movies?
    Last edited by Ghornet2; 04-28-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typos
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/