Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2960
The Green Hornet - I'm loving it!

Thread: The Green Hornet - I'm loving it!

Default The Green Hornet - I'm loving it!

So, I was a little weary about starting the Green Hornet at the beginning mainly because I didn't like his outfit, but once I decided that it has grown on me I decided about a year ago to give this title a shot and I'm sure glad that I did! I loved the story of how Britt's kid took up the mantle and watching him train and get used to being the Hornet, I also love how Kato's daughter is kind of cold toward him and her whole attitude toward everything, it's a fun read. I stopped reading around issue #17 and now I'm re-reading the series from the beginning but I wanted to start with Year One and then Blood Ties since both take place before the core GH comic, I recently read Kato: Origins and when I'm all caught up I plan on reading Kato's modern day series as well (which I think ended recently).

Any which way, count me in as a monthly GH fan now, I hope we can get some good GH discussion going here on the forums, I'm sure he's got some fans out there who love this book as much as I do!
    Hoping Dynamite keeps pushing PULP!

Wow, if you were tired before you started, you must be really worn out now after reading all those comics!

Magna, GH is my favorite. Ande Parks does a great job with the writing. As you can see from another discussion, there is some debate on the art. Welcome to the Hornet's Nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Britt68 View Post
    Magna, GH is my favorite. Ande Parks does a great job with the writing.
    Thankfully it doesn't seem as though he's going anywhere any time soon.

NickyB teased an event later in the year that would give the Hornet a boost and hopefully lead to the return of some of the earlier books (or the start of some new ones). That's the news I'm waiting on right now.

I actually love the Phil Hester issues, the whole angle between the church and that dude who was a skeleton with the syth arc was freaking fun as hell, as good as if not better than the arc with the Black Hornet, which I loved as well. I can't wait to see where the current story takes us, I can't wait every month for the next issue!
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

Someone one Twitter made it sound as though Ande was leaving Hornet after Outcast but he says he's already solicited for the arc after that.

Simple confusion: He said he was struggling with his "final issue" but he meant of Outcast, not of Hornet in general.