Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shadow series MEGATHREAD!

The Spider #1 officially sells out through Diamond! This is great news and a great sign for the future of this book, great job to Dynamite and the creative team for working so hard to promote this amazing title!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Great news. I just hope DE realizes it's the CREATIVE TEAM of Liss and Worley that's responsible for that success, and not the character. I'm begging you, DE, pleeeeeeeeeese no bait-and-switch.

I mean, if Dynamite wanted to do a sister title, something like The Spider: 1934 (in the same vein as Green Hornet Year One), that'd be cool. But I can't stress strongly enough how important it is to keep David Liss and Colton Worley on the main book.

Check out a couple of Colton's pages from issue #4 - the cinematic quality of these two pages just blew me away!
    Last edited by positronic; 05-03-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Based upon the fan support for The Spider #1 on Twitter I'm going out on a limb and saying that it may have been more popular than The Shadow #1, its staggering! I don't know which one sold more in its first week, but I would say that The Spider probably had as big of an effect if not bigger on the official Twitter.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

I bought The Spider on launch day based off of his cool appearence alone and I LOVED the issue, I enjoyed it so much I added It to my pull list along with The Shadow among other Dynamite books. I looked up an old picture of The Spider and compared it to the revamped Dynamite version and I LOVE how The Spider looks now, he's awesome!
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

Wow. Comics Chronicle lists Shadow #1 as the 31st best seller for the month of April. Which puts it above such things as the Fantastic Four. I know a #1 issue gooses sales, but still that strikes me as exceptionally good for DE. And well deserved!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets....I'm an old man now." --The Fighting Yank

Thumbs up Shadow #2

A little more background and a good bit of action. Margo is definitly not a piece of fluff and i'm not sure what to make of the bit with the pilot. All in all a good issue.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

It was okay, a bit boring and not a lot of "The Shadow" going on in this issue but it was pretty enjoyable as a whole. I hope to see more of The Shadow and less Cranston in issue #3.
    Loving Kirby Genesis, Silver Star, Dragonsbane, and Captain Victory from day 1. Dynamite/Kirby = FUN!

I've had this since last Friday anf I really enjoyed it but like with other reviews I've read online I think it suffered from too much chit-chat and not enough of the iconic Shadow appearing within these pages. Other than that, I really dug it and am siked for the third issue in the series!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

The only bit that bothered me was the reference to Cranston/Allard's past and need for redemption. Nice to see the name check for Kent Allard, but wish Ennis had left out the idea (an invention of Howard Chaykin's, later adopted by the movie) that The Shadow "knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men" because he used to be evil himself. Not even sure if Ennis' realized that this was entirely a Chaykin idea from the 1980s. Hope to see no more about that particular subject.

I enjoyed the issue quite a bit, it got a little boring for a second but picked up nicely toward the middle/end of the book, but all in all it was a good issue. I'm loving Lamont Cranston as a character, he's fresh and really interesting to me and I'm kind of digging that The Shadow does indeed have some "powers".

Great stuff, DE!
    Hoping Dynamite keeps pushing PULP!