Page 85 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    Well he does say "There is no place in the land of the first born for more green savages". He didn't say there wasn't a place for any green savages. Like sorry, right now we're all full up. You know, regarding your application we're sorry to inform you that we are no longer accepting any new applicants at this time, thank you for your interest in the land of the first born.

And yeah, Ralok, you need to dial it down a few notches (or grow up a few notches). Seriously, there's something wrong with you, man.
    the inclusion of the word more is nothing more than a hastily put together retcon that serves no purpose, if there had been no green martians shown in the lands of the first born it wouldnt have been needed!

This shows a critical lack of foresight that I find absolutely a palling as a writer!

In the original book, this demonstrates a clear hatred for the green men by the first born, a hatred greater than their hatred of the other races. It shows much about their species, Sola is not allowed in the land of the first born NO GREEN PEOPLE ARE. And this aspect of first born culture is necessary for the plot to progress!

So here, we are having a definitive aspect of the first born swept under the rug and ignored.

she isnt thrown off the airship because the first born hate the green men, she is thrown off the ship with only two possible reasons. A personal hatred of the green men by the captain of the vessel, or "why the hell not"

it just is . . . incredibly stupid, there would be no need for a retcon if they had read the entire book before writing the comic! I hope to god that there is greater foresight in the warlord of mars story-arch.

Quote Originally Posted by manga4life View Post
    Yes, and I'm sure the 3 people who really give a crap will cry their eyes out.

Seriously, this is nothing and the way you expressed your concern over it leads me to believe that you're possibly 10 years old, twelve at best. Why is this panel such a huge deal, anyhow? I guess some people forget that all we're doing is reading comic books, not scripting the next great American novel. Sheesh.
    why not just smeer crap on the pages then?

There is no excuse for a lack of quality or foresight, being a comic doesn't mean that errors should be excused!

And why cant a comic be a great work of literature? Why not try? why not do your best?

going the extra five inches to make 3 or 4 more people happy is worth it, especially when it isnt detrimental to the work you are creating

What a silly thing to get all worked up about, I mean seriously......

I'm probably going to delete this thread soon as it really holds no substance and is nothing more than sad ramblings of a steriotypical fanboy, I see no reason to let nonsense like this stay.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Default Princess of Mars SyFY Movie

I just watch the Princess of Mars SYFY channel movie based on the ERB books, I have to say it was good, I felt like it stuck close to the source about John Carter. It had Dejah Thoris, Tars, and it even had an airship, all in all not to bad for a SyFY channel movie. The Tharks looked good and it even had Sola in it as well! I downloaded the first five ERB books to my nook. Finished book one and now am on to book two.

here are some pictures from the show WOW!
    Name:  Princess-of-Mars.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  Princess-of-Mars-Monster.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  32.7 KB

ok, so the truth be told this movie realy suck bad!~ I am impressed however that no one took the time to say anything about it. That was 2 hours of my life I will never get back. I did come to learn about the Warlord of Mars because of the DE comic book line, to which I say THANK YOU DE. I enjoy them very much, I have began to read the original works by ERB to which I can only day WOW how amazing is that, He was far ahead of his time with this work. Keep up the good work on the comics and YES this SYFY movie was bad.

Default Lord of the Jungle issue #4

Anybody check this one out yet? It looks like Jane is getting really close to Tarzan and seems to fancy him over Clayton, also.....I just can't get over how damn hot Castro pencils Jane! My gosh, I think she's probably the hottest chick in comics right now from a visual stance, I'd even put her above J. Scott Campbell's Dejah Thoris covers, lol.

Any which way, this was a great issue and the ending left me on a total cliffhanger for issue #5 the way Paul D'arnot was left hanging by all of those wild ape men. I seriously CANNOT wait for issue #5!
    Hoping Dynamite keeps pushing PULP!

This is starting to stray a little further from the source material now. There was a reference in one panel to the man-apes having come from "up out of the earth" that made me wonder if this wasn't a reference to Pellucidar. Burroughs, of course, hadn't yet created the Pellucidar novels when Tarzan of the Apes was first published. Perhaps setting up a future plotline?

I read this last Friday when I got my copy and I really liked it, especially the interaction between Jane and Tarzan when she realized he was "White Skin", Esmerelda was right! LoL.

Great issue, exciting ending too.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Default White Apes of Mars

I dont know, this series doesnt have much going for it right now.

it doesnt seem to be anything but gratuitous violence and hot women (there was several but grabs between women in the second issue)

This series seems the most distant from ERBs vision of mars, which while it did have violence and naked women it was not about those thigns, and always had dignity . . .

This series is playing out like a cheap slasher movie rather than a romantic vision of mars.

I hope the story improves in the final three issues, but so far it is very "Meh" compared to the other miniseries in the warlord of mars series