Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt

Default My first post! (under sad circumstances...)

Hi everyone. This is my first post on these forums.

I'll skip all the intro stuff and just say I'm really sad to discover that PETER CANNON: THUNDERBOLT is cancelled.
    However, that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not I will try out any new Dynamite titles in the future, nor does it have any have any effect on my decision to continue buying current Dynamite titles. That just seems... illogical?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-KL99 View Post
    Hi everyone. This is my first post on these forums.

I'll skip all the intro stuff and just say I'm really sad to discover that PETER CANNON: THUNDERBOLT is cancelled.
    However, that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not I will try out any new Dynamite titles in the future, nor does it have any have any effect on my decision to continue buying current Dynamite titles. That just seems... illogical?
    I love your username. How are Jero and Halk these days?

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    I love your username. How are Jero and Halk these days?
    Thanks! They were doing great until the Nu52. Halk went mad and transformed Loopy into a Warhound that ended up devouring his arms and legs. Fortunately there were some '90s Image Comics giant prosthetic robot limbs lying around. He calls himself BloodHalk now. Jero has joined Stephanie Brown and Wally West in infamy as characters that Dan Didio will have you removed from a con panel for mentioning.
    Current DE pull list: Red Sonja; The Shadow; The Shadow:Year One; The Spider; Kings Watch; The Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights; Lone Ranger; Pathfinder:Goblins; Mark Waid's Green Hornet; The Shadow Year One; Miss Fury; Miss Fury: Digital First; Lords of Mars; Pathfinder; The Owl; The Black Bat; Warlord of Mars; Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris; Dejah Thoris & The Green Men of Mars; Red Team; Codename Action; Lady Rawhide; Uncanny; Lord of the Jungle (?)

Default T-bolt in the movies

The way Pete Morisi originally wrote T-bolt, plus his colorful symmetric costume, I also felt that T-bolt would really do well on the big screen. If he ever did make the big screen, lots of publishers would love to publish his comic.
    I support Obama but I do not support his policies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-KL99 View Post
    Thanks! They were doing great until the Nu52. Halk went mad and transformed Loopy into a Warhound that ended up devouring his arms and legs. Fortunately there were some '90s Image Comics giant prosthetic robot limbs lying around. He calls himself BloodHalk now. Jero has joined Stephanie Brown and Wally West in infamy as characters that Dan Didio will have you removed from a con panel for mentioning.
    Bloodhalk & the Forgotten Psychos #1 by Rob Liefeld hits the stores in May, as Bloodhalk leads Ripped Hunter, Animalistic Man, the Spaced Cabby and Strange Adam against a coalition of evil mutant extradimensional Faceless Hunters from an alternate future, one of whom is his own son's evil doppelganger's adult clone!

Bloodhalk & the Forgotten Psychos #1 by Rob Liefeld hits the stores in May, as Bloodhalk leads Ripped Hunter, Animalistic Man, the Spaced Cabby and Strange Adam against a coalition of evil mutant extradimensional Faceless Hunters from an alternate future, one of whom is his own son's evil doppelganger's adult clone!
    ...sounds about right.
    Current DE pull list: Red Sonja; The Shadow; The Shadow:Year One; The Spider; Kings Watch; The Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights; Lone Ranger; Pathfinder:Goblins; Mark Waid's Green Hornet; The Shadow Year One; Miss Fury; Miss Fury: Digital First; Lords of Mars; Pathfinder; The Owl; The Black Bat; Warlord of Mars; Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris; Dejah Thoris & The Green Men of Mars; Red Team; Codename Action; Lady Rawhide; Uncanny; Lord of the Jungle (?)

So, are we ever going to learn any more about the background of Peter Cannon's mysterious friends Captain At...uh, I mean "Adam" and Nights...oops, sorry, "Eve"? I'm considerably more interested in them than I was in a couple of suspiciously similar characters published by DC in recent years...

So, are we ever going to learn any more about the background of Peter Cannon's mysterious friends Captain At...uh, I mean "Adam" and Nights...oops, sorry, "Eve"? I'm considerably more interested in them than I was in a couple of suspiciously similar characters published by DC in recent years...
    Tony, now you've forced me to go back and reread those issues. Maybe it was the beard and blond hair that threw me off.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

I thought the names and the fact that 'Adam' has silver arms were quite big clues...

I thought the names and the fact that 'Adam' has silver arms were quite big clues...
    Well, that and the fact that while Thunderbolt and Captain Atom & Nightshade nominally inhabited what we may refer to now as 'the Charlton Universe' for a while, they never had much in the way of interaction during that time. So despite sharing a publisher 40 years ago, you wouldn't expect simulacrums of those characters to have any special importance in the world of Peter Cannon. Plus, equating Captain Atom's powers with Thunderbolt's is a bit of a stretch, not just a matter of experience levels.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.