Thread: Going to Saturn

Default Going to Saturn

WARLORD OF MARS IS GOING TO SATURN!

In Dejah Thoris issue 18, DEJAH THORIS GOES TO SATURN

http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/vi...13018405401811

and could these saturnians be the mysterious invaders from warlord of mars number 5?

http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/vi...13018677500511

Burroughs never mentioned saturn in his works! We dont know what the barsoomians would call the world! Darsoom? Grasoom? Zasoom? Marsoom? Fisoom?

And I wonder what the native saturnians call their world, in the official barsoom books Jupiter had a landscape resembling that of hell . . . and a general hellish theme, perhaps saturn has an ANGELIC THEME!

I cant wait too see

I suggest dynamite comics let fans vote on the BARSOOMIAN name for saturn, (but not for hte native saturnians name for their world)

remember dynamite, each world needs TWO NAMES, one given by the inhabitants of barsoom, and one the natives of the world have for their planet.

DONT BE AFRAID TO GO TO OTHER PLACES

here is a list of candidates in the solar system for stories to take place on

Io, callisto, europa, titan, triton, ganyemede, pluto, eris, ceres, mercury

AND LET US NOT FORGET, MARS' SECOND MOON DEIMOS (Known to barsoom as CLUROS)

WHICH, I might add . . . has been basically confirmed as having its own native peoples in the books! LIKEWISE WITH MERCURY, WHICH IS ALSO SAID TO HAVE ITS OWN PEOPLES!

just dont go to venus, those burroughs books are not in the public domain :P

gah, just do me a favor and railroad through the current story-arch . . . and get to saturn XD

HERE IS AN IDEA

let us vote on what the native saturnians look like too

have the artist draw them as basic mannequin-esque humanoids . . . let us votre on how they will look show 3-4 variations and have your fans vote

okay . . . . appearently the people of saturn are vampires . . . huh?

and vampires capable of infecting other people . . . huh? does that mean there is a race that they infect there though?

this is confuving

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    okay . . . . appearently the people of saturn are vampires . . . huh?
    And their own name for their world is "Draculon," which means...

(joke)

It's too bad ERB's "Skeleton Men of Jupiter" is still under copyright; I'd have loved to see Dynamite finish that story, which was intended as the first of a quartet of stories that would eventually be collected as a book. Great beginning, but it leaves you hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    It's too bad ERB's "Skeleton Men of Jupiter" is still under copyright; I'd have loved to see Dynamite finish that story, which was intended as the first of a quartet of stories that would eventually be collected as a book. Great beginning, but it leaves you hanging.
    yeah but at the same time, the "ending" is not bad, he has a space ship, and is 10 feet away from Dejah thoris .. .

so we know that things are going to turn out alright

I would like to see dynamite go through all the unexplored worlds of Burroughs universe

particularly the further moon, and pluto . . .

they can base their plutonians on the pre-burroughs mars book "journey to mars" also in the public domain