Page 92 of 143 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

So what's the gist of it? Does it make Dynamite's position weaker or (hopefully) stronger?

I don't have a copy of the book yet, but I assume it's simply documentation of the facts on record. I suspect the real battle for DE vs ERB will be one of trademarks, not copyrights. Not being a lawyer, I wouldn't care to speculate on who's right or wrong. It all comes down to the use of specific words or phrases used to sell products.

It's too bad ERB's "Skeleton Men of Jupiter" is still under copyright; I'd have loved to see Dynamite finish that story, which was intended as the first of a quartet of stories that would eventually be collected as a book. Great beginning, but it leaves you hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    It's too bad ERB's "Skeleton Men of Jupiter" is still under copyright; I'd have loved to see Dynamite finish that story, which was intended as the first of a quartet of stories that would eventually be collected as a book. Great beginning, but it leaves you hanging.
    yeah but at the same time, the "ending" is not bad, he has a space ship, and is 10 feet away from Dejah thoris .. .

so we know that things are going to turn out alright

I would like to see dynamite go through all the unexplored worlds of Burroughs universe

particularly the further moon, and pluto . . .

they can base their plutonians on the pre-burroughs mars book "journey to mars" also in the public domain

Default Carthoris X Linea

whhhhhhhhhhy . . . . why is this being set up this love interest????

wwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhy?

was "Thuvia, Maid of Mars" not read? or even the ending of warlord of mars? He falls in love with Thuvia??? Do they know that Thuvia Maid of Mars is also public domain???

it can be called "son of warlord of mars" make it ongoing, about Carthoris and Thuvia . . .

Setting up this first-born woman as a love interest seems sooooo pointless.
    Last edited by Ralok; 07-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Gee, I don't know. The story takes place before Thuvia, Maid of Mars, so obviously the relationship doesn't go anywhere. Possibly the girl dies. I don't see where it violates anything ERB wrote, though. It's just a story, don't get all worked up over nothing.

I have too . . . I am the rabid fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    I have too . . . I am the rabid fanboy
    Well, one can get better, after all...

Enjoyed this read, solid artwork, but still missing Lui Antonio's style -- for a fan of the old Marvel Comics series like me there is some originality in Antonio's style and an Ernie Colon's influence in his pencils that seemed to tie in with the old series.
    $this->handle_bbcode_sigpic('http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/boards/signaturepics/sigpic39264_1.gif')

A great improvement on the artwork in the previous story arc. That's a relief.