Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Damsels

Quote Originally Posted by helwen View Post
    I bought Damsels #1 and thought it was AWESOME and haven't bought #2 yet since I wait to buy in bulk from (Midtowncomics.com) twice monthly.
    Thanks, mate. Really hope you dig #2 too.

Unleash the Fanboy loved it http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/comi...2-review/30041
    Graphic Policy enjoyed it http://graphicpolicy.com/2012/10/17/...on-year-one-5/
    ComixReviews dug it https://twitter.com/comixreviews/sta...38702416658432

Such a fun series. I love it. Beautiful art as well, can't wait for issue #3.

Quote Originally Posted by cdarlage View Post
    Such a fun series. I love it. Beautiful art as well, can't wait for issue #3.
    Thanks! So glad you're enjoying it.

#3 hit the stands on Wednesday. There's a few preview pages over at http://www.moorereppion.com/damsels-3-preview-pages/ and some great reviews coming in already (see http://www.moorereppion.com/reviews-for-damsels-3/). Hope everyone continues to dig the series as we progress.

Default Damsels is outstanding

I've been waiting a while to post this. There are many great dynamite titles that I read but this has been an extremely pleasant surprise. This kind of idea is not something I would usually go for, but Dynamite tends to put out awesome stories and after seeing a preview of issue 1 I decided to give it a try. I'm completely in love with the series.

I've read the first 3 issues and i'm eagerly awaiting number 4.

This book is a wonderful of example of how awesome things can be when everyone on the team just meshes well.

Excellent writing, art and coloring. And not just individually, everything is synergistic to telling the story.

The story and the ark work so great together, Its not quite "cute" and not "gritty" but a combination of those.

I also like how the main characters i've met so far are sexy without being outrageous, I don't mean offense to linser's covers, but the characters are sexier inside the book, Rapa doesn't need to do a swimsuit cover to be attractive. She is more attractive in the story...well..

I wouldn't be a comic fan if I didn't point out something I didn't like. The characters Rapa and little mermaid are attractive enough in their realness and/or mutantness that they don't need to be hypersexualized.

One more thing, I hope at some point there is a depiction of a male character that isn't a pompous douche or moron lol. Now that isn't to say that I want the "damsels" to be rescued by some big strong death-knight prince, just the opposite, I want to read their story.

Anyhow, I love the series its light-hearted and serious at the same times..makes me smile when I read it.

Bravo-Zulo , on a job well done.
    Last edited by James; 11-30-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: I realized I may have spoiled something for somebody..and that would be very Un-dude of me!

Default Whats the deal.

The comic book store didn't have issue 4 of damsels today. I've been waiting for issue 4 for what feels like an eternity, whats the deal? Is it just the store or is the shipping off please tell me it wasn't cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The comic book store didn't have issue 4 of damsels today. I've been waiting for issue 4 for what feels like an eternity, whats the deal? Is it just the store or is the shipping off please tell me it wasn't cancelled.
    I believe it is coming out next week. I can't wait, I love this series.

James, cdarlage: So glad you're enjoying the series so much. It really makes me happy to see people getting so involved in the story and characters.

#4 arriving in shops next week, so no need to worry!

This first arc of the story is 8 issues, but there's more to come after that.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reppion View Post
    James, cdarlage: So glad you're enjoying the series so much. It really makes me happy to see people getting so involved in the story and characters.

#4 arriving in shops next week, so no need to worry!

This first arc of the story is 8 issues, but there's more to come after that.
    I kinda want to check out this title, but I don't know if I wanna lay down 16 bucks on this first 4 issues and not like it.
    DE Pull List: The Black Bat, Damsels, Damsels: Mermaids, Dark Shadows, Dejah Thoris & The Green Men Of Mars, Grimm, Lady Rawhide, Lords of Mars, Masks, Miss Fury, The Shadow, The Spider, Warlord Of Mars: Dejah Thoris, Vamiprella: Southern Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    I kinda want to check out this title, but I don't know if I wanna lay down 16 bucks on this first 4 issues and not like it.
    Well, I can tell you this, even if it isn't your cup of tea, it wouldn't be a bad purchase. Damsels was something completely out of left field for me. I basically picked it up because I read a ton of DE stuff and 2 pages into the first issue I thought it was awesome. Yeah its not my usual half-naked vampire story, but its a good story, its fun , serious when it needs to be, the artwork is outstanding..Fun..thats the overall feeling of it. Worst case your out 16 bucks for something that I feel is pretty unique. You may get hooked though.

Default Issue 4

Just finished Issue 4, Again, awesome stuff. The scene with Belle and the beast was really neat. The scene with Commander Schwartz and the "tree" folks was kinds of surprising, but thats good, keeps me on my toes.

One thing I've really liked is how ya'll go into "fairy tale mode" (for lack of better words) when describing big, epic, or sweeping scenes. Nice touch.

Also, I'm curious, who is Aneke, the artist for the story. I did a couple searches online around issue 2, couldn't really find anything for certain. I wanna say the name is feminine, (may be wrong), so i'll say she is really something, some of the coolest artwork i've seen in a while, and she really does a good job of illustrating the story you and leah have written as its being played out. 4 issues in an still impressed.