View Poll Results: Which Green Hornet Mask You Prefer?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • - Old Classic Complete Face Mask

5 100.00%
  • - New Eyes upper Mask

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 112 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1413

Thread: The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    Oops forgot that I'd reverted to my old avatar. That's not my tattoo. Here's the tattoo.
    Well, the hornet icon is cool by itself, but MAN, if you had gone whole hog and gotten the whole moire pattern background too... WOW. I know that is an excessive amount of pain to bear for your love of the Green Hornet, but that would have been the absolute bomb.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Zombies or no zombies, I feel like I'm a weird place regarding my feelings about the modern-day Green Hornet right now. I sort of feel the book has run its course. In my ideal reality, Green Hornet Year One (dropping the "Year One" at some point from the title) would have continued as the "regular ongoing" Green Hornet series, and this series would have ended instead. Kevin Smith and Ande Park did their things, and that was fine. But I sort of feel the book is just treading water right now, and not covering any new ground.

Part of the problem, as I try to analyze it in my mind, it that the modern-day Hornet feels to me like "neither fish nor fowl"... by that I mean, it's not quite a "pulp" title, yet not quite a "superhero" title either. I sort of feel about it like I do about those new oversize phones that try to sell themselves as "the best of both worlds" (phone and tablet), but to me they do neither function particularly well, so they're the worst of both worlds. To me, my definition of pulp is dependent on both setting and atmosphere. By way of comparison, DE's The Spider doesn't have the pulp setting (1930s/40s), but it makes up for it in atmosphere, of which it has tons. For a little bit there, I actually got excited about this book when it began to seem that Nitz was actually going to shake things up and move the concept forward by having Jeffery take over as a new high-tech full-blown superhero version of the Hornet, and the idea that real change could actually occur in the series was stimulating. With the coming of Mark Waid's Green Hornet, do we even need a pseudo-pulp hero Hornet in the modern world? It just feels like the book is stagnant, just a series of incidents now - here a terrorist, there a zombie. Who knows, if Jeffery had actually taken over as the Hornet, I might have been bored again in a year's time, but for a month or two there, I was sort of excited and interested in the book again, in seeing what happens next. It just seems that Britt II and Kato II are played out, that there's nowhere left to go. They got a lot of mileage out of the sexual tension thing for a while, but now it just seems old hat.

I'm sure (as always) that most of you completely disagree and feel exactly the opposite. Maybe you'll say the characters are just chock full of potential and remain largely unexplored. I just can't see it, but maybe you have some ideas of angles and plots to pursue that would inject some life into this moribund series. Let's hear them.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Wow, so much to comment on.

Kato, I agree. I miss Parks. I really liked the character development in his stories. I also really liked Hester. Would be thrilled to get either of them back.

Positronic, I can see a modern day Hornet title surviving. I agree it is part pulp and part super hero, but I like that mix. I like the gritty, physical aspect from the pulps. setting it in modern times is different than anything else.

I agree zombies or undead kills the series for me. I know right now everyone thinks Britt is dead. But it looks like a dirty bomb goes off in 35 and the solicitation of 36 implies "villains and heroes alike" are dead. So we will wait and see.

Nick, any change we can get Igor Vitorino or Jack Hebert on this title? I know Hebert is on Miss Fury, but worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Britt68 View Post
    Positronic, I can see a modern day Hornet title surviving. I agree it is part pulp and part super hero, but I like that mix. I like the gritty, physical aspect from the pulps. setting it in modern times is different than anything else.
    I didn't say it was part pulp and part superhero. I said it was not quite pulp and not quite superhero. Which seems to me is exactly the opposite. Just about any superhero (like Batman) without powers is gritty and physical. Setting it in modern times is different than anything else? Aren't 98% of the comics published today set in modern times? Even The Spider (except with hats and zepplins). But The Spider (like Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips' Incognito) delivers the pulp atmosphere in spades.

I read this a couple of days ago, really enjoyed it!

This is the kind of story I am happy to have, Green Gun Girl was excellent, and didn't make me feel like I needed a shower or to talk to a psychologist after reading it.

If I had any criticism, its that for a 40 page book, it didn't take all that long for me to read, but I enjoyed every bit of it. Also loved the imaginary bits that the Green Gun Girl had, those were really well done!

I have to order one from somewhere. My LCS didn't include it in my pull and I can't find it anywhere.

Buddy Saunders (Lone Star Comics, a/k/a MyComicShop.com) has it in stock for cover price. Not sure what the shipping would cost. Maybe you could find a few other things from your want list, they're pretty reasonable.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=23672919

Actually, you could order it straight from Dynamite, too.

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/se...ar+one+special
    Last edited by positronic; 03-15-2013 at 07:37 PM.

My thanks, sir.

I figured I could grab it online but I usually only order online when I have a few things to grab...

...maybe I ought to get the SPIDER back issues too..hmmm...

Default (Mark Waid's) Green Hornet #1 discussion thread!

Well, this comes out on Wednesday but I got my copy today and if you guys are pumped up than you have a reason to be. The story was great, but the art......the art was simply awesome and I'd put it up against any artist currently working in comics today. The cover was the same cover you'd been seeing advertised for a while now and it's okay, but the interiors were spectacular. I can't wait for you guys to read this!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    Well, this comes out on Wednesday but I got my copy today and if you guys are pumped up than you have a reason to be. The story was great, but the art......the art was simply awesome and I'd put it up against any artist currently working in comics today. The cover was the same cover you'd been seeing advertised for a while now and it's okay, but the interiors were spectacular. I can't wait for you guys to read this!
    I get the feeling this is a definite story arc (8 issues? 12 issues?) and they're not really telling us that in the promo copy. I'm sure I'll enjoy it while it lasts, though.