Thread: Russ Braun is goddamn awesome.

Default Russ Braun is goddamn awesome.

My wife met him at NYCC this weekend.
    He gave her a bunch o' crap, absostinkinlutely for free, because I'm active duty and a fan of The Boys.
    So I have a page of original art (issue 65, assault on the White House) and a great sketch of Hughie. Worried Hughie! WORRIED HUGHIE HAS NEVER LOOKED GODDAMN WORRIED-ER AND AWESOME.
    Kazi--or whoever haz beef with his beer bottle art--I promise, no beer bottles were harmed in the making of the artwork.
    Fuck
    Me
    Rigid
    I'm going to bring a bottle of whiskey to the next con this guy is at. I may even bring a bottle to give him.

You won't hear any sane person disagreeing. Of course, that means everybody in this forum will disagree :P
    S A I D · A T A L A
    Graphic Designer+Illustrator+Mercenary
    http://saidatala.daportfolio.com

Well as you know I'm a big fan of Darrick, but I think Russ's work on this title has been excellent. He's got a really deft comedic touch, but he's also done a great job with some of the darkest panels in the entire series. I'm really grateful he came on board when Darrick couldn't keep going. Good to know he's a decent guy as well.

But he does make Hughie look a bit like a highland terrier.

Hey, *I* wasn't the beer-bottle hater. I've consistently said that I prefer Russ Braun over Derrick Robertson. In fact, I can't recall at this point who the "tiny beer bottle" comment belongs to.

Whoever it was, I agreed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
    Well as you know I'm a big fan of Darrick, but I think Russ's work on this title has been excellent. He's got a really deft comedic touch, but he's also done a great job with some of the darkest panels in the entire series. I'm really grateful he came on board when Darrick couldn't keep going. Good to know he's a decent guy as well.

But he does make Hughie look a bit like a highland terrier.
    I agree with everything here.