Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2960
When should we expect new Superpowers titles?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When should we expect new Superpowers titles?

Default When should we expect new Superpowers titles?

Any idea on dates of any new series or when volume 3 is set to kick off after volume 2 is finished?

The June solicitations are posted now showing only Terror #12 and Superpowers #12 (of new material).

Is it safe to assume that we're going to get a couple of mini's again between V2 and V3, then V3 around September or so, with Terror ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    The June solicitations are posted now showing only Terror #12 and Superpowers #12 (of new material).

Is it safe to assume that we're going to get a couple of mini's again between V2 and V3, then V3 around September or so, with Terror ongoing?
    Yeah, this is what I would expect. I'm guessing we will get Volume 3 sometime in the winter and leading into that event we have have seen 2 or 3 possible mini's with Black Terror keeping on as an ongoing title.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

The July solicitations will either be like Christmas in July or extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    The July solicitations will either be like Christmas in July or extremely disappointing.
    Amen to that! If, after P:SP 12, we are left with just BT, it is going to feel like a real long time before Chapter 3 starts.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets....I'm an old man now." --The Fighting Yank

Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    Yeah, this is what I would expect. I'm guessing we will get Volume 3 sometime in the winter and leading into that event we have have seen 2 or 3 possible mini's with Black Terror keeping on as an ongoing title.
    March 2010 this was posted? How sad......

Default I agree with what DE is doing with Project SuperPowers;

I, along with many of you, would love to see a return of Project SuperPowers.
    I miss them. I don't think I missed an issue of them.
    I especially like The Super-Mystery Men team of Magno, Captain Courageous, The Sword, Mr. Raven, Lash Lightning, Lighting Girl, Soldier Unknown, and Vulcan....all from The Four Favorites.

I think DE is looking for a strong writing and art team to take the reins of this large project and make it work. Hopeful, they are looking for an editor that has an "over-all" picture and direction for where this project is going.

I think there were some hits and misses .... but over-all it was a great, ambitious project that didn't work every well.
    The Alex Ross covers were "knock-outs"!! The Golden Age characters had great potential.... but the interior art, some of it, was not good enough ....nor was the writing and character and story development.

Do you disagree or agree that Nick is doing the right thing in looking for more experienced talent.???

The problem is, most of the Big Name Writers (and Big Name Pencillers) are locked up by the big two, and Dynamite could not compete with the kind of page rates they get there. All very well to throw out fantasy wish lists of who we'd love to see writing/drawing PSP, but realistically, it would have to be a mid-level established or up-and-coming talent. DE could probably get some old-time writer or artist (say, a Roy Thomas or someone) but I don't think they are trying to appeal to the older fans, mostly the younger ones who wouldn't pick this up automatically out of interest in Golden Age characters.

Post Let's heat up this site a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    The problem is, most of the Big Name Writers (and Big Name Pencillers) are locked up by the big two, and Dynamite could not compete with the kind of page rates they get there. All very well to throw out fantasy wish lists of who we'd love to see writing/drawing PSP, but realistically, it would have to be a mid-level established or up-and-coming talent. DE could probably get some old-time writer or artist (say, a Roy Thomas or someone) but I don't think they are trying to appeal to the older fans, mostly the younger ones who wouldn't pick this up automatically out of interest in Golden Age characters.
    And I maintain, that if quality writers and artists DON'T come to this title (PSP), the quality of the books will never be able to compete in this marketplace.

Roy Thomas is a good suggestion. A very good suggestion. And I think DE could afford to pay a top quality writer and artist for this ONE title ONLY. Not every title in their line.

Once the ground work for PSP is successful, DE could start to branch out with hero groups like The Super-Mystery Men, Big Shots, The Big Three, and the others.

BUT... they, DE, must get this "CORE" title off the ground and flying or none of the titles and heroes will "fly".

We can disagree on this point. Which can be a fun exchange of ideas.

I'm not mean-spirited about this and I know you are not either. We both want the same thing. A return of the Project: SuperPowers!!

I'm interested in your reply.

I think everything could be scrapped and should be started over.
    The urn idea by the Fighting Yank was kinda wrong.
    The main problem is to bring the heroes from the 1940's to the present.(remember, DE hasn't hired me yet, as a co-editor. )(LOL)
    Alex Ross' covers will bring the "younger ones" you are concerned about. What is necessary is that when they open the book --- there is a good quality story there and good quality art. (To keep them.)

Your turn.

P.S. Roy Thomas' Alter-Ego #111 is focused on the Nedor/Standard heroes: Black Terror, Fighting Yank, Miss Masque, Pyroman, Grim Reaper, American Eagle, Doc Strange,.... out this month...July.

I think Nick should hire Roy Thomas to either edit or write the Project: Superheroes book. We NEED somebody with the knowledge and experience to handle the Golden Age heroes and their return.!!

(Not all good talent is "locked up" by the Big 2.!! There are good quality writers, editors, artists, and inkers that could fill the bill.)

I just suggested to Nick to hire John Byrne to draw Peter Cannon....THUNDERBOLT. Or, Nick could probably hire Jerry Ordway to draw either T-Bolt or Project: SuperPowers. Geeeesh. There ARE guys out there. Mike Machlin could ink!!
    Last edited by magnoanddavey; 07-08-2012 at 01:57 AM.

I'd love to see Roy Thomas write for Dynamite. I know he's in his 70s now, but I'll bet he'd jump at the chance to work on some Golden Age characters again.