Thread: Fans of G.I. Joe

Default Fans of G.I. Joe

I just wanted to let you guys know if you ever were a fan of G.I. Joe they are doing some fantastic comics over at IDW right now.

I loved GI Joe growing up. I have not read any of the comics tho by IDW. Is the artwork in them any good?

Quote Originally Posted by comichero View Post
    I loved GI Joe growing up. I have not read any of the comics tho by IDW. Is the artwork in them any good?
    Yeah, I'd say it's pretty good.

The highly recommend giving the first G.I. Joe: Cobra mini-series a read. It follow Chuckles going undercover into Cobra. The writer takes a crappy D-list character like Chuckles and makes him into a great and completely badass character. The story continues after that series but if you were going to start with something to see if you like the IDW stuff I'd go with that first.

thanks for the starting point I will give it a try, loved the cartoons, loved the toys, and the marvel run of comics, would be nice to get back some of that childhood enjoyment again.

GI Joe was my favorite toy as a kid. Are they doing anything with the GI Joe Adventure Team (from the toy line in the early to mid 1970's) or are all of the titles based more on the 1980's short figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Britt68 View Post
    GI Joe was my favorite toy as a kid. Are they doing anything with the GI Joe Adventure Team (from the toy line in the early to mid 1970's) or are all of the titles based more on the 1980's short figures?
    Yes, all from the 80's figures.

They have four series currently going at this time.

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero - This series picks up where the original Marvel series left off.

G.I. Joe, G.I. Joe: Cobra, and Snake-Eyes & Storm Shadow - This is the new IDW line and they have all been pretty awesome especially the Cobra series.

This comic issue, Cobra #12, is one of the best comics I've ever read but of course you need to read all the previous events leading up to it.
    Last edited by IrishX; 12-06-2012 at 09:54 PM.