Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hey Nick Barrucci: What About Project Super Powers????

Man speaks the truth. We comicbook fans are a finicky bunch.

We are. That said, why should PSP correct its course and reboot? DC have done that many times over the years with LoSH and what that has done each time is alienate more and more readers, diluting the fan-base. I hope that if DE do something else with superheroes other than a continuation of PSP, that they recognize the risk if they reboot those same characters in something clearly different.

That would not stop some other company using the same GA blue-print(s) of course, while going off somewhere different; I just think rebooting whole cloth would be a bad call.

Now back to the question at hand: when will we see more PSP?

I honestly don't think we're looking at that kind of reboot, the kind that alters previously-established continuity. But the next puzzle piece in the PSP mosaic may not be the direct continuation, chronologically, of where PSP left off with Chapter Two, either. And I guess it already isn't, if you count Green Lama and Black Terror appearing in MASKS. Meaning, DE might have to "bait the hook" for new readers with something more easily accessible.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

That's how I possibly see it going, though I don't really want to see that either. I'd rather they finish what they started, even it has to be a small 6-part mini or something, and then try new stories.

As I stated above somewhere, I'd like to see them go with a four books at first.

A pair of solo books, Green Lama and Black Terror would be the obvious choice
    A team book limited to five or six heroes and an occasional guest star.
    A team up book, one of the heroes (maybe 2) from the above books and one or two others.

Release them two in the first month then add the next two a month or two later. Six months down the road add a 'tryout' book, one or two of the heroes from the above books who seem to be popular to see how they might do on their own.

I'd love to see it set in the 40's maybe just before the war. If set in modern times I'd like to see a mix of 'second generation' heroes and oldtimers.

Part of the problem with PSP was the number of heroes fighting for face time. They kind of tried to do the massive Infinity crossover before we go to know the heroes. I really think they need to take the time to slowly establish the characters and the universe before doing a major crossover. Otherwise it gets to confusing.

They really don't need to do a major reboot if they keep with the modern, just limit the team book to a few heroes and use other books to tell the story of the other characters. As an example, the team up or tryout book would have been a good place to tell the story of Flame's search for Flame Girl. Bringing in other characters to help him look. Or the quest to find out what happened to American Crusader.
    Last edited by Ghornet2; 03-17-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Default New Mini-Series Announced!!!

A new mini-series featuring the Owl will be wirtten by J.T. Krul art by Heubert Khan Michael with covers by Alex Ross and a Subscription Only Exclusive cover by Ardian Syaf.
    Read More Here:
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/dy...r/1100-146345/

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsoncrusader View Post
    A new mini-series featuring the Owl will be wirtten by J.T. Krul art by Heubert Khan Michael with covers by Alex Ross and a Subscription Only Exclusive cover by Ardian Syaf.
    Read More Here:
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/dy...r/1100-146345/
    Yay!

Not the character i expected to lead the return, and the blurb sounds like they have retained the PSP back-story, BUT what does this mean for the Ghost mini series? I thought that was near complete, or is my mind just making that up?

Quote Originally Posted by leonmallett View Post
    Yay!

Not the character i expected to lead the return, and the blurb sounds like they have retained the PSP back-story, BUT what does this mean for the Ghost mini series? I thought that was near complete, or is my mind just making that up?
    I don't remember them actually announcing either The Owl or The Ghost "back in the day". Although I always thought back then that The Owl was on my short list of PSP characters who hadn't already had a miniseries of their own.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Yeah, both were mentioned by the company as "In the works" during the chapter 2 run, but never happened.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Default :)

Oh my God! I'm actually in complete shock that the PSP line is continuing where it seemed to leave off. Holy Crap! I'm so stoked for this!