Page 112 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1417

Thread: The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

It's being expanded to 12 issues, but I'm still waiting to see if it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    It's being expanded to 12 issues, but I'm still waiting to see if it gets better.
    12?!?!?!!

according to the main page for it here . . . it has only been expanded to eight issues (including the ones already released) either way its getting additional time on its run, which despite my issues with the series I am happy to see . . . I mean, it needs to extra time to clean up the problems it caused.
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

According to Sept solicits:

DEJAH THORIS AND THE GREEN MEN OF MARS #8

Written by Mark Rahner, art by Lui Antonio, covers by Jay Anacleto.

Now expanded to 12 issues! Race hatred stoked by terrorists threatens to drive Heliumites and Tharks back to war. Everything the trauma-exhausted Dejah Thoris does only seems to worsen it. And her last-ditch plan brings her face-to-face with the disfigured Thark who triggers her worst fears!

32 pages, $3.99.

According to Sept solicits:

DEJAH THORIS AND THE GREEN MEN OF MARS #8

Written by Mark Rahner, art by Lui Antonio, covers by Jay Anacleto.

Now expanded to 12 issues! Race hatred stoked by terrorists threatens to drive Heliumites and Tharks back to war. Everything the trauma-exhausted Dejah Thoris does only seems to worsen it. And her last-ditch plan brings her face-to-face with the disfigured Thark who triggers her worst fears!

32 pages, $3.99.
    that is odd, because the main site here still says its 8 . . . are they planning an extension of an extension . . . that is strange? this was just supposed to be a 4 issue mini . . . weird how it has gotten out of hand like this, especialyl since it is . . . well the worst mini taht they have put out for this series.

but yeah it did get better near the end I guess . . .

well, the first Lone Ranger series started out as a mini then became an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
    well, the first Lone Ranger series started out as a mini then became an ongoing.
    yeah but what is the purpose of this particular comic becoming ongoing? it has nothing that adds to the universe or lore other than characters, politics, and scenes of graphic horror. There are very few redeeming factors to the series, and on top of that its really just an extension of teh Dejah Thoris main series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    yeah but what is the purpose of this particular comic becoming ongoing? it has nothing that adds to the universe or lore other than characters, politics, and scenes of graphic horror. There are very few redeeming factors to the series, and on top of that its really just an extension of teh Dejah Thoris main series.
    The Dejah Thoris main series is still set roughly in 1429, right?

The Dejah Thoris main series is still set roughly in 1429, right?
    sounds about right, but I am not entire sure . . .

Its a shame this series is ongoing though, I was really hoping for "Dejah Thoris & The Black Pirates of Mars"

i actually enjoyed Warriors of Mars. i agree that the final issue was a bit odd, but i would buy any kind of sequel comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    I'm completely content with characters, politics, and scenes of graphic horror as an extension of the Dejah Thoris main series.