Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Gail Simone's Red Sonja series a reboot?

Default Is Gail Simone's Red Sonja series a reboot?

Just wondering: Is Gail Simone's Red Sonja series a reboot? Been trying to find info on it...

Default Which Red Sonja miniseries/one-shots take place in the Queen Sonja continuity?

And another question: Which Red Sonja miniseries/one-shots take place in the Queen Sonja continuity (Sonja dies, is reincarnated decades later, becomes queen, etc.)? I've heard that Atlantis Rises is one but I am not sure.

According to this post the series will be rebooted.

I don't really see the need for a reboot. Like Conan, Red Sonja is a character who can be launched into new adventures with no reference to previous continuity without actually losing any of it, simply because she is a wanderer. Why reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    I don't really see the need for a reboot. Like Conan, Red Sonja is a character who can be launched into new adventures with no reference to previous continuity without actually losing any of it, simply because she is a wanderer. Why reboot?
    Honestly, if they've put "made into a vampire and battled Dracula" into her own book, I think that's an excellent reason to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    According to this post the series will be rebooted.
    Yes, but the post in question doesn't say where they got that info from, and I haven't found anything supporting it, so I'm hoping someone knows, like an interview, an announcement, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    And another question: Which Red Sonja miniseries/one-shots take place in the Queen Sonja continuity (Sonja dies, is reincarnated decades later, becomes queen, etc.)? I've heard that Atlantis Rises is one but I am not sure.
    This was meant to be its own thread as it's pretty thoroughly disconnected from the Simone reboot question, but it got folded into the Simone thread, so I hope someone can let me know...

Probably make more sense to repost it as its own thread. People who have thought about that would be more likely to notice it. Just saying.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

Quote Originally Posted by positronic View Post
    Probably make more sense to repost it as its own thread. People who have thought about that would be more likely to notice it. Just saying.
    I know, but if a mod moved it, then I don't want to annoy them. It's not my board, after all!

"Fans will definitely want to pick up Gail Simone's RED SONJA #1 this July!"
    --source [dynamite.com]

"Gail Simone has signed on to write a new ongoing Red Sonja series, with the first issue arriving in stores this summer"
    --source [comicsalliance.com].

"Gail Simone will be writing Dynamite’s relaunched Red Sonja series..."
    --source [bleedingcool.com].
    Last edited by Largo; 03-19-2013 at 06:25 PM.