Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New blog in support of The Spider, I hope it helps!

Nice support, Manga! I see that Nick has listened and bumped The Spider up to at least 14 issues, if the fan support keeps rolling in via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, and these here forums I don't see this book getting cancelled anytime soon.

Also, just because it's orders aren't on the same level with Waid's Green Hornet or The Shadow doesn't mean that Dynamite isn't making money off of it. I hope the money they do make is enough to keep it around for it's dedicated audience, an audience that came together and screamed for it's survival. Good work, team!

Thanks for reading my blog! I haven't been as active on it as I used to be, I used to publish at least 2 blogs a month but lately it's been more like 2 blogs over a six month period. But I've been doing some writing and updated it as soon as this morning, so look for more content coming soon. I'm glad that it helped the #SaveTheSpider Twitter campaign and that Dynamite has stood up to listen.
    Hoping Dynamite keeps pushing PULP!

Default Keep it up #savethespider

We need to keep up the pressure to preserve the Spider past issue 14. There are so many quality Pulp titles around at the moment from Dynamite and even more to come. You can defiantly see the Spider getting squeezed out.

It would be such a shame as it was my introduction to the Dynamite Pulp stable so I really have a soft spot for the title. I was just blown away by both the quality of the story and art when I first saw it, I can't imagine life without it.

#savethespider

I'm going to keep buying The Spider and keep bugging Dynamite Comics to continue to publish this book until the sky falls down. I swear, this book is the best comic on stands today and I will support it through and through.

Just wanted to let Dynamite know that I have purchased every issue of The Spider published.
    In addition to buying the compelation of the first story line.
    Of the classic pulp characters The Spider has been, and is my favorite.
    For deep in my soul the old gods brood-
    And I come of a restless breed-
    And my heart is blown in each drifting mood
    As clouds blow over the mead.

Robert E. Howard

The Spider is a book that i look forward to each month. i enjoy the Dynamite pulp books far more than the usual offerings of Marvel and DC. if The Spider is canceled i would be very distressed.

When I first heard about The Spider's possible cancellation, manga4life's blog and this forum was one of the first things I saw when I googled around, so I think it definitely helped out. The Spider is my favorite title from all the pulp crimefighters Dynamite's currently publishing, and I tried to spread the word too: http://www.trashmutant.com/why-dynam...r-support.html

I think heroes such as Spider, Shadow and many others of the earliest popular culture crime fighters deserve all the support they can get. I am very excited that Dynamite revived all those characters for the larger public in recent years, although I am knocking on wood and hoping they're not putting out too many titles too fast. But it seems they're doing good so far and they have a lot of very supportive fans, so that's definitely something to be happy about.

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor Pulp View Post
    When I first heard about The Spider's possible cancellation, manga4life's blog and this forum was one of the first things I saw when I googled around, so I think it definitely helped out. The Spider is my favorite title from all the pulp crimefighters Dynamite's currently publishing, and I tried to spread the word too: http://www.trashmutant.com/why-dynam...r-support.html

I think heroes such as Spider, Shadow and many others of the earliest popular culture crime fighters deserve all the support they can get. I am very excited that Dynamite revived all those characters for the larger public in recent years, although I am knocking on wood and hoping they're not putting out too many titles too fast. But it seems they're doing good so far and they have a lot of very supportive fans, so that's definitely something to be happy about.
    Great post, and welcome to the forums!

Dynamite loves these characters, Nick loves these characters. I'm in full belief that Nick Barucci want's these characters to succeed and he's doing everything he can to get the job done, and while some titles may not last forever you have to believe that some will last for a long, long time and we shall have them to enjoy for the long haul. I don't think they're putting out too many titles too fast in the pulp sector, I certainly hope not anyway, but I think they should maybe stretch out other releases when they come to maybe early 2014.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I ordered all the issues I was missing (my store stopped carrying it after 3) from Dynamite directly. I know it ain't much, but I hope it at least gets a message across.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingnerd View Post
    I ordered all the issues I was missing (my store stopped carrying it after 3) from Dynamite directly. I know it ain't much, but I hope it at least gets a message across.
    Ordering from Dynamite directly if the best thing you can do because they see the sale directly. Kudo's to you and kudo's to Manga for writing the blog!
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.