Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2960
The Black Bat #1 spoilers - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: The Black Bat #1 spoilers

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    I love the direction if the story here, and I also love the way they talk about the city and what it means to Black Bat. Kind of gave me the chills. I really think this book has the potential to shine for the long term if Dynamite gives it a chance, it has some awesome flares and a nice foundation to be an amazing book over the longterm.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator


    Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    I love the direction if the story here, and I also love the way they talk about the city and what it means to Black Bat. Kind of gave me the chills. I really think this book has the potential to shine for the long term if Dynamite gives it a chance, it has some awesome flares and a nice foundation to be an amazing book over the longterm.
    Dynamite's going to have to go out of their way to underscore that this is NOT a Batman knock off or just yet another gun-wielding vigilante thrown into their stable.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    249

    Default

    I don't think they will. If someone picks up the book and reads it for what it is than they'll see it's not, and if they don't than shame on them.

    This book is freakin' excellent.
    Hoping Dynamite keeps pushing PULP!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsburg PA
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Finally got a chance to read it this afternoon. Great book. Some interesting plot threads. Can't wait for the next issue.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manga4life View Post
    I don't think they will. If someone picks up the book and reads it for what it is than they'll see it's not, and if they don't than shame on them.

    This book is freakin' excellent.
    I'm more concerned that someone WON'T even bother to pick up the book because he or she thinks it's just Dynamite's version of Batman. That's why I think that Dynamite needs to make it clear that there's more to the character.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    If someone is so narrow minded that they passed up on this book because they believe it to be a Batman-clone or something, than it's their loss. I believe the guns are what separates the boys from the men here, that and the fact that he's blind. Pulp fans know, those smart enough to look into it know, and hopefully that's enough to make this book a solid hit.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator


    Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    If someone is so narrow minded that they passed up on this book because they believe it to be a Batman-clone or something, than it's their loss.
    Dynamite's, too.

    I agree that the guns, usually on full display on the covers, should help set things apart. But the blindness thing is not immediately obvious.

    You (dynamite) can't just assume that fans will take the time to do the research on a character that's had little exposure in several decades. There are so many options out there, it's Dynamite's job to explain how this guy stands apart from the rest.
    Last edited by Captain Canuck; 05-13-2013 at 06:14 AM.

  8. #28

    Default

    Issue #1 was great, the book gives the city he was discussing a life of it's own and the dark story and sweet internal art were just fantastic. I actually liked this more than anything Batman related I've read recently and I can see why Bob Kane was so interested in making Batman a lot like this character. Issue #2 should be a fun ride too, this is going to be one of those series similar to The Spider where I think the fans really get behind it over it's run but for some reason I can't see this being a smash success like The Shadow or MASKS. Either way, this book was brilliant and is totally worth checking out, so go do so!

    Now, if only I had issue #2 in my hands......
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA
    My YouTube Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <------- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 9/22/13 PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: Then & Now by RVGA!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    140

    Default

    I read this one again today, just because I haven't absorbed this title like I have the other books. Man, what a stellar read. I can feel the crime within the city, I can feel Bat's angst against the vermin......I can FEEL this book. I know many are with me.
    Chadster!

    Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    I'm more concerned that someone WON'T even bother to pick up the book because he or she thinks it's just Dynamite's version of Batman. That's why I think that Dynamite needs to make it clear that there's more to the character.
    Hopefully it will have the opposite effect. There are a lot of people who pick up anything "Batman." If they think this is a "Dynamite Batman" they may pick it up. If they do they won't be disappointed!
    This book was GREAT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •