Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Bat series MEGATHREAD!

Default Black Bat #6 and Green Hornet #6

Did everyone grab these issues last week from your LCS? If so than what did you guys think of them and did you enjoy the first story arcs of each series? Personally, The Black Bat has been the #1 Dynamite title in my eyes and has really shined in it's storytelling, especially in issues 5 and 6 involving The Brute. You gotta love a good cliffhanger!

As for The Green Hornet, aside from The Shadow and Black Bat this title has shined as one of my favorites and I've got to say that Waid is going an excellent job as the scribe. Kato and Hornet back together as a team is great to see and I'm really digging Friere on the art. Any input?
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

BB 6 was realy awesome! The best issue yet and one of the best issues DE produced since Project superpowers stuff. The latest issue of Green hornet was awesome too but the art was iffy here and there, indro was the king!

Enjoying Green Hornet. One of Dynamite's best books, IMO. Gave Black Bat a fair shot, but just not getting into it. Will be dropping it when the first arc wraps.

Damn I need to buy Hornet but Black Bat was awesome! It wasnt really an ending to the arc though and it continues right on into issue #7 which is awesome. The Brute is dead, Black Bat is really at odds here, and we're just getting started!

Green Hornet #6 was great in the way that Hornet and Kato have made up but you can tell Kato still has some reservations, as well he should. But yeah, seeing the bomb maker working at a deli was pretty odd but yet made me chuckle.

LoL.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

I wonder whats going to happen with the bomb at the end of BB #6 and is the bat got hurt from the blast? I love how this book ends with amazing cliffhangers every month and makes you want to run out and grab the new issue the day its released, no bother book grabs me as much as this one does and I absolutely love it! I'm guessing the Black Bat isn't hurt but I bet many did get injured due to the bomb and he'll be forced to get revenge on their behalf.
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

The way the Black Bat scared those people out of the police station was cool, but at the end the blast went off and that one dude should certainly be dead while Black Bat is probably just worse for wear.

As for The Green Hornet, it was simply another fantastic issue of this book and I can't wait to see what comes next. Hornet and Kato are back together, but yet Kato does have some reservations about Hornet's ethics. It's brilliant!
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA
    My YouTube Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <------- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 9/22/13 PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: Then & Now by RVGA!

Get a load of this cover from GH 10. Wah!

Name:  greenhornet10b.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  86.4 KB
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

Definitely an amazing cover, wow! Such detail!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    Get a load of this cover from GH 10. Wah!

Name:  greenhornet10b.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  86.4 KB
    It's hard to tell how much these covers are depicting story situations, vs. being symbolic. For example, the Paulo Rivera cover for #6 had the printing press rollers made out of gun barrels. Pretty sure that didn't actually happen in the story. It might help to know whether the Paulo Rivera cover for #10 depicts something with a similar theme (i.e. The Hornet unmasking in public) or is illustrating something completely different. And here it is...

Name:  Green Hornet 10 Rivera.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  80.0 KB

THIS cover seems to imply a situation where the Hornet and Kato are dead, or at least seriously injured. Possibly unmasked as well. Again, it's hard to know exactly how literal of a representation of the story the cover is. At a minimum, we can see that the Rivera cover depicts a Hornet mask that is completely shattered, while the mask on the Lau cover is intact. It's entirely possible that neither cover is illustrating an actual scene from the story.
    Last edited by pulphero; 10-24-2013 at 08:50 AM.