Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2960
Black Bat #6 and Green Hornet #6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Black Bat #6 and Green Hornet #6

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcooger View Post
    It looks like Waid is cashing out after issue 12
    After issue 12 or 14? The article said Waid is halfway through his run, and issue 7 just came out.
    Either way, Dynamite needs to make re-signing Waid to more Green Hornet issues PRIORITY NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Hornet's Nest Podcast - A podcast dedicated to all things Green Hornet!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcooger View Post
    It looks like Waid is cashing out after issue 12: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=48895

    That makes me a sad panda...
    Mark Waid talks about Green Hornet at Bleeding Cool... So sad it's ending, but 12 issues is a good run. I just bought the first TPB that came out Wednesday. I'll buy the second one too. I try to double-dip on what I consider the best DE series to help support the company.

    I note that the article doesn't specifically state that the series is ending, just that Waid is wrapping up his run. Since Matt Wagner will be wrapping up his The Shadow: Year One series around the same time, perhaps he can step up and continue the series (hopefully with the current artist as well) beginning with issue #13. It would be a shame if DE didn't have some kind of Green Hornet series on the shelves.

    Waid's Daredevil is wrapping up with issue #36, too. Another book I'll miss, as it was one of the few Marvel titles I looked forward to reading consistently month after month.
    Last edited by pulphero; 11-07-2013 at 01:12 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
    After issue 12 or 14? The article said Waid is halfway through his run, and issue 7 just came out.
    Either way, Dynamite needs to make re-signing Waid to more Green Hornet issues PRIORITY NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
    But #7 just came out this week, and the interview was conducted before that... so 6 is half of 12; that math works.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    But #7 just came out this week, and the interview was conducted before that... so 6 is half of 12; that math works.
    Yeah, wishful thinking on my part for 2 more Waid issues!
    The Hornet's Nest Podcast - A podcast dedicated to all things Green Hornet!

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    So sad it's ending, but 12 issues is a good run. I just bought the first TPB that came out Wednesday. I'll buy the second one too. I try to double-dip on what I consider the best DE series to help support the company.
    Does the tpb have any extras such as covers etc?
    The Hornet's Nest Podcast - A podcast dedicated to all things Green Hornet!

  6. #26

    Default

    The TPB has character sketches, the script from issue #1, and a cover gallery.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,431

    Default

    I would imagine that the series would continue on with a new writer, abandoning the Hornet would be silly at this point.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator


    Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsburg PA
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    I would imagine that the series would continue on with a new writer, abandoning the Hornet would be silly at this point.
    It defintely would be. The Green Hornet is a classic character who doesn't get the recognition or credit he deserves. He was around over 3 years before Batman and always had a cool car, a mask and was a playboy. Sound familair
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

  9. #29

    Default

    God, if Dynamite ditches The Green Hornet simply because Waid finished up his run I'd be really disappointed in them. This book has been excellent and the Hornet needs a series to fit into what Dynamite is doing within the pulp realm, hopefully this book lives a good long time.
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA
    My YouTube Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <------- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 9/22/13 PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: Then & Now by RVGA!

  10. #30

    Default

    In light of how Hornet shows up in other books like Masks and Codename Action, I doubt we have anything to worry about on that front.

    WAY more concerned about the Black Bat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •