Thread: Red Sonja/Conan Crossover

Default Red Sonja/Conan Crossover

Red Sonja/Conan crossover written by Gail Simone at Dynamite and Conan/Red Sonja crossover by Brian Wood at Dark Horse.

http://dynamite.com/htmlfiles/pressr...=PR10041313542

Are you guys excited?

YES
    abcdefghijklmnop

I am really stoked! I recently aquired the Red Sonja Marvel Features where she battles Conan...loved that story & ready for a rematch! I am anxious to explore more of Gail Simone's work!

Count me in for all issues bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadpoison View Post
    Count me in for all issues bought.
    Ditto!

Great writing team of Gail and Brian!

I just read DH's Conan and the People of the Black Circle #1 with those beautifully painted pages by Ariel Olivetti. Do we know who the artists are going to be on the Conan/Red Sonja mini? If not that miniseries, can DE give Mr. Olivetti a miniseries to paint? Maybe a Red Sonja mini or a Warlord of Mars mini? Lord of the Jungle mini?

I have a continuity dilemma here. (Oh God, I hear you cry, here he goes again.) Since Sonja has rebooted and Gail is also the writer of the reboot, does this mean that this miniseries can't fit with the other (non-vampire, non-Queen Sonja) Sonja stories from Dynamite in the past? (Including, but not limited to, the Spider-Man crossover mini from ~2005 or so.)

I'm just wondering, because I've been keeping my DH Conan and my Dynamite (non-vampire, non-Queen) Sonja together in a sort of "they'll probably never meet given licensing issues, even though they did in the past" Hyborian Age--just as my Marvel Conan and Sonja are together, and so on. It makes a lovely tapestry of Dark Horse Kull, Conan and other REH properties with Dynamite Sonja and related stuff (presumably, somehow or other, the Atlantis of Dynamite's Thulsa Doom is still the Atlantis of Dark Horse's Kull--TD first appeared in a Kull story by REH, after all). But now that Sonja's had a genuine reboot, I'm kind of at a loss for how to make it fit together, if it can be made to fit together, etc. (Asking why may be fruitless; those of you who share my mindset will understand, and those who don't will just stare in baffled horror... it's Just One Of Those Things, LOL)

My world won't be shattered if there's no way to make sense of it, of course. (Then again, in my ideal world, Simone's Sonja and the non-Queen non-vampire Red Sonja from Dynamite--mainly the one-shots, minis, and Eric Trautmann's epic storyline, since most of the main series seemed to wind up connected to all of the Queen Sonja stuff I didn't like, and then the non-Queen series wound up with the whole Prophecy/Dracula thing I didn't like--could, indeed, fit together, and Everyone Would Live Happily Ever After.)

Thoughts? Anyone? Gail? Brian? Eric, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    I have a continuity dilemma here. (Oh God, I hear you cry, here he goes again.) Since Sonja has rebooted and Gail is also the writer of the reboot, does this mean that this miniseries can't fit with the other (non-vampire, non-Queen Sonja) Sonja stories from Dynamite in the past? (Including, but not limited to, the Spider-Man crossover mini from ~2005 or so.)

I'm just wondering, because I've been keeping my DH Conan and my Dynamite (non-vampire, non-Queen) Sonja together in a sort of "they'll probably never meet given licensing issues, even though they did in the past" Hyborian Age--just as my Marvel Conan and Sonja are together, and so on. It makes a lovely tapestry of Dark Horse Kull, Conan and other REH properties with Dynamite Sonja and related stuff (presumably, somehow or other, the Atlantis of Dynamite's Thulsa Doom is still the Atlantis of Dark Horse's Kull--TD first appeared in a Kull story by REH, after all). But now that Sonja's had a genuine reboot, I'm kind of at a loss for how to make it fit together, if it can be made to fit together, etc. (Asking why may be fruitless; those of you who share my mindset will understand, and those who don't will just stare in baffled horror... it's Just One Of Those Things, LOL)

My world won't be shattered if there's no way to make sense of it, of course. (Then again, in my ideal world, Simone's Sonja and the non-Queen non-vampire Red Sonja from Dynamite--mainly the one-shots, minis, and Eric Trautmann's epic storyline, since most of the main series seemed to wind up connected to all of the Queen Sonja stuff I didn't like, and then the non-Queen series wound up with the whole Prophecy/Dracula thing I didn't like--could, indeed, fit together, and Everyone Would Live Happily Ever After.)

Thoughts? Anyone? Gail? Brian? Eric, perhaps?

Why don't we, as the fans, come up with a list of all the best Red Sonja stories, and then (for fun) come up with our OWN continuity ? Then we can make the continuity it's own thread!

I'll be looking forward to reading this crossover event.
    My article on the 2013 Rhode Island Comic-Con is now up at this Pop-topia.com article link!.