Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Key characters relaunch with Dynamite!

Default Gold Key characters relaunch with Dynamite!

Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I want to see even more Gold Key series revived, like Space Family Robinson, Brothers of the Spear, and Captain Johner and the Aliens!

And we all know how much Dynamite loves crossovers... Magnus vs. Bionic Man is a natural!

So much to buy...

im just... so happy D:
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

Nice! I will certainly be trying these books out despite the bad taste in my mouth left by the poor relaunch Dark Horse did with these characters a few years back. I blame Shooter's poor writing on those books more than I blame Dark Horse, though.
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA
    My YouTube Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <------- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 9/22/13 PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: Then & Now by RVGA!

Default Doc Solar, Turok, Magnus,Robot Fighter, and Dr. Spektor!!

Golden Key's heroes are coming our way!!

What do you think of that???

I've always like those heroes. Especially Magnus and Doc Solar.

Always thought all four had wonderful premises.... and thanks to Dynamite we'll get to see them in action again.

Robots....and H8...LOOK OUT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by magnoanddavey View Post
    Golden Key's heroes are coming our way!!

What do you think of that???

I've always like those heroes. Especially Magnus and Doc Solar.

Always thought all four had wonderful premises.... and thanks to Dynamite we'll get to see them in action again.

Robots....and H8...LOOK OUT!!!
    Looking forward to them. I grow up on the first three. But Magnus Robot Fighter always wore a cute mini skirt. It looks like he will be in pants.

Name:  2163283150_4aa8f8d89f_o.jpg
Views: 2528
Size:  92.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ralphuniverse View Post
    Looking forward to them. I grow up on the first three. But Magnus Robot Fighter always wore a cute mini skirt. It looks like he will be in pants.

Name:  2163283150_4aa8f8d89f_o.jpg
Views: 2528
Size:  92.9 KB
    It's not a miniskirt (although I'll admit it does seem to go with the white 'Go-Go boots'), it's an archaic form of fashion known as a 'tunic'. Males appearing in public barelegged used to be a completely accepted thing once upon a time. You saw it all the time in comics from the Golden and Silver Ages. For some reason (homophobia?), it's no longer considered acceptable in comic books. Only women are allowed to expose their bare legs (when did male legs become 'naughty bits'?), and even Robin and the Sub-Mariner have been forced to adopt long pants. I suppose if Tarzan, Conan, and John Carter were created today they would be forced to wear long-legged fur pants too. Why this should be so, I can't rightly say. Why, just the other day, I saw a man walking down the street in public wearing short pants that exposed his bare legs. Not that there was anything there I particularly wanted to look at, mind you, but hey, it's his own damn business. I guess if I am being completely honest I will have to admit that He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was always off-putting to me because all I can see in it is a homoerotic fantasy. I guess that's pretty 'Frederic Wertham' of me, but there it is. Then again, back in the Gold Key era I was too distracted by Russ Manning's women to even notice much what Tarzan or Magnus were (or weren't) wearing.
    Last edited by pulphero; 10-12-2013 at 03:31 AM.

This is amazing news, finally these classic characters will have a home to breath comfortable in! I can't wait for this, great names on this project and looks like it may expand upon the initial 4 books as well! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    It's not a miniskirt (although I'll admit it does seem to go with the white 'Go-Go boots'), it's an archaic form of fashion known as a 'tunic'. Males appearing in public barelegged used to be a completely accepted thing once upon a time. You saw it all the time in comics from the Golden and Silver Ages. For some reason (homophobia?), it's no longer considered acceptable in comic books. Only women are allowed to expose their bare legs (when did male legs become 'naughty bits'?), and even Robin and the Sub-Mariner have been forced to adopt long pants. I suppose if Tarzan, Conan, and John Carter were created today they would be forced to wear long-legged fur pants too. Why this should be so, I can't rightly say. Why, just the other day, I saw a man walking down the street in public wearing short pants that exposed his bare legs. Not that there was anything there I particularly wanted to look at, mind you, but hey, it's his own damn business. I guess if I am being completely honest I will have to admit that He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was always off-putting to me because all I can see in it is a homoerotic fantasy. I guess that's pretty 'Frederic Wertham' of me, but there it is. Then again, back in the Gold Key era I was too distracted by Russ Manning's women to even notice much what Tarzan or Magnus were (or weren't) wearing.
    legs are only naughty bits if the person is wearing a shirt!

I think it is mostly because tastes have changed though, it doenst feel sturdy to have bare exposed legs, and there is that lingering fear of getting stabbed in the junk. Pants are a lot safer for that area.

as for Turok, Doc Solar, Dr.. Spektor, and Magnus Robot fighter....

me gusta...
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.