Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Key characters relaunch with Dynamite!

Default Trade "Masterworks" would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky McQuade View Post
    Magnus the Robot Fighter! Turok the Dinosaur Hunter! These are old friends that I look forward to seeing. I loved the Tim Truman issues of Turok (he introduced a great supporting cast and colorful villains). His issues were superior to the other Valiant writers (even Mike Grell's stories). Magnus is always interesting especially in this world of technology watching everything we do. Maybe if DE's version will venture into the Terminator-type stories Valiant/Aklaim was trying to do later...? The future Judge Dredd-type stories allow more freedom of plot although....

Solar the atomic god never captured my attention. Even Valiant's version of a godlike Mr. Manhattan character was overdone for me.

Dark Horse frustrated me to no end with their delays of publication. I expected better from Jim Shooter.

The best news is that Spektor the Occult Investigator (ok, we do not know the official title yet right?) will be published! I had a schoolboy crush on Lakota Rainflower, his secretary. Lu-Sai was another great gal. I loved the werewolf issues, the Frankenstein monster issues, the Lionman back up story, and more. He was my favorite from the Gold Key days of my youth! Mark Waid writing? Guarantee sale here!

I hope to also eventually see Tragg vs the Sky Gods (a Cromagnon hero versus aliens--development of the first civilizations would be a great storyline?) and Dagar the Invincible Barbarian (DE needs a Conan the Barbarian character!) from DE as well!

Will DE also have reprint rights for trade paperbacks? I would love to reread those Spektor comics in a more affordable format. Dark Horse hardcovers are out of my budget. I was hoping for a cheaper format. To get more for my buck, I would love to see Spektor, Magnus, and Turok published like Marvel's Essentials or DC's Showcase presents or Dark Horse's Savage Sword of Conan Tpbs. How about the Tim Truman Turok stories in a Trade paperback?

Thank you DE!
    Yes, a Trade Paperback ...soft cover Masterworks-like issues would be great for me.
    Hardcovers are too expensive. It would be great to see some of the Golden Key stories reprinted....affordably.

Quote Originally Posted by magnoanddavey View Post
    Nobody better say anything about homoerotic to me. I was in it for the women and Magnus bustin' robots!!
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Quote Originally Posted by magnoanddavey View Post
    Yes, a Trade Paperback ...soft cover Masterworks-like issues would be great for me.
    Hardcovers are too expensive. It would be great to see some of the Golden Key stories reprinted....affordably.
    I know that Dark Horse has started doing paperback reprints of some of their earliest hardcover Archives.. Looking over their website, it appears that so far they have done two volumes each of Doctor Solar and Magnus, Robot Fighter at $20 each. They also have Wally Wood's M.A.R.S. Patrol: Total War (112 pages) at $10. (Now there's a series for Dynamite to revive.)
    Last edited by pulphero; 10-14-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
    I agree. It was also really weird seeing Greg Pak on the Valiant panel yesterday at NYCC when during Q&A they were asked about Dynamite getting Solar, Magnus & Turok! They confirmed there will NOT be any Dynamite/Valiant crossovers.
    Somebody tweeted online that "the best Valiant news ever came from Dynamite this weekend". Confirmation that there will NOT be crossovers with the new Valiant has to be the second best news. Not only is it WAY too soon to be thinking about crossovers, but Valiant's relationship with the Gold Key characters is OVER, better get used to it. I think it was a huge mistake from Valiant's point of view, but what's done is done. Their loss is Dynamite's gain! If crossovers come later, let DE cross them over with its own characters in the PSP universe, Kirby Genesis, etc.

I also agree with the guy who wrote (can't find the thread now) that he'd like to see a reprint of the Valiant TUROK issues by Tim Truman. Those were the only issues of Turok they did that I really liked.

This project has the potential to be nice with the right marketing push behind it. These characters are still beloved and with these great creative teams and with some media push behind it this launch could be really huge for us!

Fingers crossed!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Think about just how big the Valiant relaunch was and it was lacking some of its fanbase's most beloved characters. Now, you take those characters and give them to Dynamite, a company with a larger market share, and see them evolve and succeed maybe even more than they would have with Valiant.

Big win here for Dynamite! This could be a massive launching of these characters if Dynamite puts the money behind it to get it off the ground, it really all comes down to marketing.
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA
    My YouTube Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <------- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 9/22/13 PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: Then & Now by RVGA!

This is going to be so sick! I used to collect Solar and Turok back in the mid 90's and then stopped once I was complete, but now I can go home again and start back up with Dynamite! Man, I'm so glad Dynamite has these characters now, I'm going to jump on all 4 books upon release and I really can't freaking wait!
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

I'm in on all four!

Lot's of excitement for this going on around the web, lot's of buzz and discussions. It's good to see!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!